Tall Ships....

Was watching a couple come in from the Juliet Balcony last night ,the one with the red sails on sailing in from the “Dogger” area was a personal favourite ,but the other from the “Forties” area was a pleasure to watch to.

It was “going about “ SSE of the Pier before being piloted in by the harbour master.

Just had an amble along Seaburn this morning. 20 sheets if you wanna park your car in the car park behind the Seaburn centre on Saturday for the sail past.
People kicking off about the price. But 4 in the car. 5er a head to park. Not that much more than public transport there and back from say the other side of town I imagine.

Anyway, I think I might have a cycle down along the river tonight. Sounds like there should be a good few berts in.

People kicking off about the price. But 4 in the car. 5er a head to park. Not that much more than public transport there and back from say the other side of town I imagine.

Anyway, I think I might have a cycle down along the river tonight. Sounds like there should be a good few berts in.
Plenty of other options available. If you are too lazy to walk, use public transport or the park and ride, then you pay a premium. The reaction by some on social media is as you would expect.

My dad owns a charter boat and were doing trip down on Saturday (second reason for England to make final) but my dad is also a fisherman and a few have been passing him yesterday heading to Sunderland also you can view them on AIS and see what time they're arriving there's another one

MarineTraffic: Global Ship Tracking Intelligence | AIS Marine Traffic

Thanks for that I love anything like that just spent ages seeing whats about. My mam and dad regularly go on cruises out of the Tyne so it'll be useful to spy on them when they're away.

That Russian one looks impressive.

I'm gutted I'm going to miss them , as Wednesday is the only day I'm free but not going to bother now the footballs on

Only £10 if you buy in advance aswell. Sure last time I came to the airshow it was a fiver to park them a few quid for the park and ride as well so it's not too bad really

Too many people wedded or should that be welded to their cars.

If you can be arsed to walk the whole 800 yards there's plenty of free street parking west of Mere Knolls Road.

Are the ships sailing North or South once they're out of the port?

Think it's Stavanger next so probably north.

Last edited:
Thanks for that I love anything like that just spent ages seeing whats about. My mam and dad regularly go on cruises out of the Tyne so it'll be useful to spy on them when they're away.

That Russian one looks impressive.

I'm gutted I'm going to miss them , as Wednesday is the only day I'm free but not going to bother now the footballs on

Only £10 if you buy in advance aswell. Sure last time I came to the airshow it was a fiver to park them a few quid for the park and ride as well so it's not too bad really

Look at the English channel just out of interest, makes you wonder how so much traffic goes through such a narrow stretch of water without accidents

I saw that on Facebook and the Echo website. Yet again, its just the usual suspects moaning and taking a pop at the City/Council. The Metro station is only a 10-15 min walk ffs.

Back