Taking your own sauce to a restaurant

Discussion in 'SMB' started by safcforever, Nov 7, 2018.

1. The Lonious Monk

The Lonious Monk Midfield

I cannot really agree with that. I put hot sauce on just about everything. There are many times, when the food tastes great as is, but I still like to add a few drops of hot sauce just to give it more bite.

2. mux

mux Striker Contributor

:lol:

3. alicante mackem

alicante mackem Striker

Yes. My sister always takes Tabasco when she goes for a pizza. And no.

4. Blyth_Pirate

Blyth_Pirate Full Back

Used to have the same problem. Years of exercise and operational rations were always sexed up with Tabasco. Even used to take a bottle to the cookhouse. Managed to wean myself off it over the years. Still get a buzz everytime I see it on the supermarket shelves though.

5. daedalus

daedalus Winger

Once asked a colleague at Nissan what the bait was like in the Hastings Hill pub. He said the food was alright, but the portions were small, so he remedied this by taking half a loaf of buttered bread. :lol::lol: Scrattertastic!

6. Geronimo

Geronimo Striker

You can't eat your own foodstuff in a restaurant

You can however do what you like as long as you are not caught

7. Rob the Brick always takes his Colman's mustard.. he refuses to use sachets or other brands.. the daft knacker

8. safcforever

safcforever Striker

:lol:

9. depends on the quality of the restaurant and if its "fine dining"
    If it has a decent chef with a good reputation you want to be able to taste his dishes as he intends them
    If its just a fast food dump then taking your own shit sauce to block out any other tastes is acceptable i suppose

10. Aituk7

Aituk7 Winger

It'll ruin your happy meal.

safcforever likes this.
  11. Bakerlooline

Bakerlooline Midfield

It has been done for centuries, was a vry fashionable thing to do until the turn of the 20th century. Men used to carry round mustard boxes containing dried mustard balls or powder and would mix their own mustard on their side plates using a splash of wine or vinegar to hydrate it.

12. Pop

Pop Striker

‘A good glug of olive oil’

SeahamMackem likes this.
  13. rokerman

rokerman Striker

The holsters are real.

[​IMG]

LondonBlackCat likes this.
  14. Kubicki26

Kubicki26 Central Defender

Condiments :cool:

15. mysticmackem

mysticmackem Midfield

We once had an awkward Australian (is there any other type?) lass who wanted to take her own favourite wine to a restaurant for her birthday. We had a hell of time getting the restaurant to allow her to drink her own bottle in there, but we eventually agreed a "corkage" charge. Maybe you could agree acorkage on your sauce bottle ;)

16. Yankee Mackem

Yankee Mackem Winger

Don't ask permission mate take it, hoy your sauce all over the food table and the waitress then neck the rest of the bottle in front of them.

17. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

I wouldn't risk it mate, what if you got caught.