Taking your own sauce to a restaurant

Discussion in 'SMB' started by safcforever, Nov 7, 2018.

1. The Lonious Monk

The Lonious Monk Midfield

I don't think the quality of the food has anything to do with enjoying sauce on it, personally.

safcforever and Doberman like this.
  2. Laeotaekhun

Laeotaekhun Winger

I often take a container of my home made Cantonese chili oil when going out for dim sum and ask the restaurant to put it in a dish for me.

The Chinese restaurants don't stock it over here whereas it's a staple accompaniment in the UK, Hong Kong etc.

HoxtonMackem likes this.
  3. duff_man

duff_man Striker

Why does this sort of behaviour not surprise me at all?

AndrewP likes this.
  4. chr1s1973

chr1s1973 Striker

Of course it does,if a professional is cooking food there is an assumption that they have a good idea of what flavours go together and have created a dish a such.

From that perspective,it's fairly rude to come in and assume their food is shit and needs extra flavour with hot sauce.

Of course the reality,as others have said,is if you are eating shit food then taking hot sauce makes sense. If it is a kebab place and they don't have hot sauce,then they don't deserve anybody's custom.

5. Yes.

Either that or squirt the mouth mush from children of the family from table before that have lovingly slavered all down the ketchup bottle.

6. Anything you want to do that doesnt hurt anyone else is acceptable. have at it.

7. ErichZann

ErichZann Winger

My sister runs a cafe in London and Jamie Oliver takes his own sauce in.

8. 87 Others

87 Others Goalkeeper

I think it depends where you are in the world and what type of restaurant.

9. Dennis

Dennis Central Defender

Well that's that then. Confirmed wrangun behaviour

FannyByTheGaslight and ErichZann like this.
  10. Secret Visage

Secret Visage Winger

The behaviour of wranguns.

11. SeahamMackem

SeahamMackem Midfield

It’ll 5 litres of olive oil if his programmes are anything to go by.

12. Carpets

Carpets Full Back

I think it's a bit rude, like people who put salt or pepper on their food without trying it.
    Some restaurants frown upon bringing and consuming your own food in.

13. Nookie Bear

Nookie Bear Winger

I'd imagine somewhere that serves poutine won't exactly be fine dining so I'd say of course it's acceptable

The Lonious Monk likes this.
  14. Reptilia

Reptilia Winger

Behaviour of a wrongun imo.

15. ajthemackem

ajthemackem Striker

16. Keawyeds

Keawyeds Striker

Next time he goes in, make sure he doesn't leave, yeah?

17. What's wrong with the chef's special sauce? :lol:

The Lonious Monk likes this.
  18. Wearson

Wearson Goalkeeper

A women I once worked with often took a jar of gravy granules to Italian restaurants whenever persuaded to visit one. Asked for them to be made up and put on meal. Shocking ignorance on many levels.

She was a Washington Mag , need I say more ?

FannyByTheGaslight likes this.
  19. HoxtonMackem

HoxtonMackem Full Back

Really don't see why the militant opposition to this.

It's a small bottle of condiment. If anything you are being beneficial to the restaurant by not using their complimentary sauce and saving them money in the process. You are still purchasing a full meal (and a drink presumably), not as if you are ordering a side of chips and bringing your own steak in to hoy on the plate.

If the restaurant has a problem with you using dashes of your own sauce on their food they need to get a grip tbh.

The Lonious Monk and safcforever like this.