Taking up jogging

Status
Not open for further replies.

What A Waster

Striker
Lost Magpie
I reckon i could run to work quicker than i can get there in the car. Definitely the case in rush hour.
How long would it take for me to reach a level of fitness where I'm running about 3.5 miles in 20 minutes?
I'm currently able run about 400 metres before having to take a break due to a lack of practice.

I reckon i could run to work quicker than i can get there in the car. Definitely the case in rush hour.
How long would it take for me to reach a level of fitness where I'm running about 3.5 miles in 20 minutes?
I'm currently able run about 400 metres before having to take a break due to a lack of practice.
Good pace if you're covering 3.5 miles in 20 minutes mind. Decent amateur runner standard.

Without knowing how fit you are it's hard to say whether you could run that or not, but i'd say most people capable of running the distance should be able to cover that in 25 minutes after a few weeks.

If you actually trained, you might get it down to 20 minutes; but as has been mentioned, that's fairly quick.

3.5 mile is exactly the sort of distance that people should be able to cycle to and from work. See if you can pick out a route that avoids pinch points or heavy traffic flows and give it a go?

Running there and back is pretty unrealistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back