Taking someone to court

Just for future reference, if you ever get another person renting your property that are on UC, you can make an arrangement for the rent to be deducted and paid straight to you if they fall a couple of months in arrears. UC can also claw back the arrears month by month.

She might be ‘scum’ but she’s also probably got fuck all to her name and living month to month just scraping by in life.

You’ve said her bloke abuses her.

You should write it off.

What was the property damage? Have you got appropriate landlord insurance? Sounds like you don’t and you’re probably not declaring it for tax either. You’re no better.

She's not gonna shag you, mate

There's a difference between not managing their finances and deliberately choosing to not pay what they owe

Oh I dont know about that. Theyre pretty much the same thing, having priorities wrong.

Mrs 42 lent her 'mate' a bit of money to help her out. Its been a few years now & never received a penny back. The lying thief is always pleading poverty whilst spending money like its going out of fashion.

She has history of poor money management & I warned owa lass not to do it as she wouldnt see it again. But the soft mare wanted to help out.

I don't know where she is. I know she's in the area, but not exactly where. I wouldn't punch her although I'd happily run over her with a traction engine.
Her delightful boyfriend is also apparently a wife beater so if he's not bothered about punching lasses, I'm sure he'd be more than happy to wallop me.
Again more fool him, but I'd rather not go down that particular route!

I see your point, but I think I'm going to do it so she doesn't get away with it.
She needs to learn consequences
I wonder why she might be avoiding contact with you?
On a serious note, you know she’s with someone who is an abuser. Do you think perhaps he could be taking her money? I know you want your money back, but you’ve already said earlier you’d take £2 a week. Why not tell her family members that? Maybe she’ll get I touch with you.

Last edited:
I have.

My advice, don’t bother.
It was a complete and utter ball ache.

Just over 1k. I just about broke even and as they moved I had to go to London.
I also was pally with a barrister and he wrote the representation to court if he had not of done this, I’d of lost.

Ron reflection I would have just walked away.

Ps, the fella I was claiming against was a doctor. After he lost, he went mental at me and threaten me in the court. This made me feel even worse.

Pics?

I know you’re kidding but this a real problem for the courts. They turn up with stories of damp and mould sometimes pictures. Their scum friends turn up as witnesses the lot. Plus some damage is expected (especially if evicted) depending on how long she lived there and if she had kids and pets. It’s got to be ransacked on purpose too claim successfully in most cases. My mate went through it last year the poor sod. Scum.

I'm not kidding, I've had family hassled by such twats and they have done everything by the book. We need more council housing and less rogue landlords.

Had a similar thing many moons ago, but uninsured driver/car rather than rent. Went through small claims court, won the case easily. Guy got a CCJ, but we never got a penny. Couldn't do an attachment of earnings, his mother said he didn't live at the house any more. We gave up in the end. It was only £600 but back in the day that was a lot of money.

Probably best to save yourself the ag and just move on.
It’s things like this that irritate me. In your case and lots of others I would guess, the person involved would never have had any intention of paying up. If they couldn’t be arsed to pay for car insurance then they certainly wouldn’t care about a CCJ.
As for the op wanting to take someone to court, have you checked the local bus timetables? Or maybe get them an Uber or a taxi.

She might be ‘scum’ but she’s also probably got fuck all to her name and living month to month just scraping by in life.

You’ve said her bloke abuses her.

You should write it off.

What was the property damage? Have you got appropriate landlord insurance? Sounds like you don’t and you’re probably not declaring it for tax either. You’re no better.

Bet she has got one of those fuck off wass tellys that everyone on benefits must get.

It's unpaid rent. We went through a letting agent and everything. She ended up being evicted.

I say unpaid rent. It's that and property damage.
Had the same issue mate for about a grand unpaid rent and damage but just put it down to experience - it’s shit but unfortunately all part of being a landlord

Really. I would have laughed my cock off at the daft bastard. In front of the bench.

It was after on the way out.
I did at the time. I was embarrassed. I should have been gobbing off to him.
I think it was because I knew he was a very respected dr.
Was all weird, something I’d never do again.

Had a chance when a someone smashed Mrs shop window years later.
Let’s just say punishment was served without money.
Felt loads better with that one.

Sorry mate but why should some kernt living/trashing/smoking n drinking in your house for 3 or 4 month then not paying be seen as part n parcel?
Seems we turn more of a blind eye than ever on these scroats now.
I have some sympathy for the OP as I have been an amateur landlord at one time.

My point is that if you own a BTL for 10+ years then you will face some losses. If you want a quiet life then overpay your own mortgage, invest in shares, get ripped off by shite savings rates.

Property investment has a potentially lucrative reward especially over the long term. But the risks are there too.

A mate of mine along with his family had a good few residential properties let out , he saw the light over fifteen years ago and started selling them off .

The hassle he was getting years ago was doing his head in , he had the foresight to see it was only going one way so decided to get rid of them all , they now have no residential lets.

I have some sympathy for the OP as I have been an amateur landlord at one time.

My point is that if you own a BTL for 10+ years then you will face some losses. If you want a quiet life then overpay your own mortgage, invest in shares, get ripped off by shite savings rates.

Property investment has a potentially lucrative reward especially over the long term. But the risks are there too.

Yep worst thing I ever done n seemingly stuck with the fucker for life.
It should br so fecking easy for them to leg it though mate, infuriates me.

Back