Taking a tripod in hand luggage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steeeeed

Winger
Going to Valencia on Saturday and intending to save myself some cash by just taking hand luggage. Tripod just about fits and I'm wondering if anyone has ever taken a tripod in hand luggage before and if they've experienced any problems with airlines classing it as potentially dangerous?

Cheers.

Never seen any indication that you can't if it fits

Although mine always goes in the hold bags

who you flying with? KLM were fine with me when I flew longhaul last time - mind my tripod was a little diddly travel one.

Iain Hesford's Bait Box said:
who you flying with? KLM were fine with me when I flew longhaul last time - mind my tripod was a little diddly travel one.

Easy jet and jet 2. Just a bit concerned at their enthusiasm to charge you for as much as possible and if that means they'll try to claim it's potentially dangerous and make me put it in the hold.

Easy jet and jet 2. Just a bit concerned at their enthusiasm to charge you for as much as possible and if that means they'll try to claim it's potentially dangerous and make me put it in the hold.

that's where they make their coin. Expect it to be classed as hold luggage :cry:

I took mine with me in hand luggage to the US with Are Lingus without any problems this year. You can buy them in duty free just before you get on the plane so you shouldn't have any trouble getting through security with one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back