Takeover Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get the hummel love in? Agree Adidas have shafted us design wise lately but why go back to the 80s/ early 90s.
People moan about Adidas giving us templates, when every single one of our early 90s Hummel kits was a template.

They had a bit of a resurgence in the mid 00s but the quality was horrendous - loads of Hearts and Dundee United kits with chevrons and sponsors falling off and the stitching around the seams coming away.

They do seem to be being a bit more bespoke with their current teams , but most of their best designs are reboots of these 90s templates.

25th and not worth $37 billion.

Look through the Forbes rich list.

Did anyone have any credible info as to why it was dell? Or just the usual guesswork?

Source of his wealth was clearly Wikipedia:
He is ranked as the 20th richest person in the world by Forbes, with a net worth of $37.6 billion as of June 2019.[1]

What’s $6bn between friends?

No idea if this is true, obviously I’d love it to be, but I don’t get the ‘why would they buy Sunderland’ from some.
If we are in as good financial shape as we are led to believe, with the structure we have, including the stadium, the Academy, and the fanbase we must be a pretty good proposition for any potential buyers. They’d get us relatively cheap for a football club and if they have money to invest they’d have the opportunity to maximise returns on that investment by getting us promoted, eventually to the Premier League.
All ifs and ands obviously but I still think we’d be a decent investment, especially when we win the Champions League 😉🤣😍

Final in the San Siro

It's how she be doing it marra. It doesn't happen over night though. A lot of people lost patience with Donald after just 12 months. If an investor comes in who is pretty wealthy, people will expect signings from the top end of the market straight away. It's how the game is now I suppose.
The problem with Donald is he's clueless on this type of thing. He appointed Hill and Coton who are yesterday's men and are his buddies. We signed seasoned pro's rather than looking to pick up gems from Ireland and the lower leagues. If we get promoted not many in that squad would be good enough for the Championship. It was the same at Eastleigh and it was a failure there. For all the talk of Dortmund models and the like, the set is out dated and old school. I think the majority of criticism towards Donald in regards to the football side of things is justified.

The problem with Donald is he's clueless on this type of thing. He appointed Hill and Coton who are yesterday's men and are his buddies. We signed seasoned pro's rather than looking to pick up gems from Ireland and the lower leagues. If we get promoted not many in that squad would be good enough for the Championship. It was the same at Eastleigh and it was a failure there. For all the talk of Dortmund models and the like, the set is out dated and old school. I think the majority of criticism towards Donald in regards to the football side of things is justified.

That easy eh, who'd have known.

We might as well close the forum down these days. Not allowed to discuss or have opinions on pretty much anything ;)
Bedwetters and happy clappers mate and nowt in between. Like most other aspects of society there is no middle ground, no debate or attempt at persuasion or discussion. If you don’t fall into one of the opposing categories then you must be clueless or a dinosaur or thick or all three.

This thread is magesque let’s keep quiet until it happens if it happens then celebrate😊😊

We might as well close the forum down these days. Not allowed to discuss or have opinions on pretty much anything ;)
We are and that is what I was doing in staying it was only a rumour and , it turns out, from a journalist!

Last edited:
Maybe it's me but I don't see how you can really make money in football now. When average players are going for 15-20m
When you’re in your 50’s and worth nearly £40 billion, you must start thinking that it’s about time you enjoyed spending some of you money, you can’t take it with you. To people like that, it’s probably the equivalent of the likes of us joining a golf club, you know it’s an expensive walk about, but if you have the cash and get a bit of pleasure from it then that’s the kind of thing you do.

The only problem Donald will have is convincing him it’s pleasurable owning & watching Sunderland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back