Takeover Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

What I would say is the mags and fans of other league one clubs who usually pipe up on this forum are very quiet on this thread...

They’ll be praying it’s not who it’s rumoured to be like. We’ll be rich as fuck if it is.

#NewManCity :cool:
You will hear plenty soon enough if the rumour is untrue. "The Mag" will have a field day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since we might not be dependant on the shirt sponsorship money. Can we get the new Vaux brewery to do it? Since the Adidas deal is gone let’s try Hummel as well.

Maybe it's me but I don't see how you can really make money in football now. When average players are going for 15-20m

There’s shit loads of money to be made in the premier league and champions league. Liverpool probably made almost 300 million from just them two competitions alone last season. Then there’s sponsor money, merchandise, shirt sales, selling average players for high sums and replacing them with better for less. There’s a reason rich people buy teams.

No idea if this is true, obviously I’d love it to be, but I don’t get the ‘why would they buy Sunderland’ from some.
If we are in as good financial shape as we are led to believe, with the structure we have, including the stadium, the Academy, and the fanbase we must be a pretty good proposition for any potential buyers. They’d get us relatively cheap for a football club and if they have money to invest they’d have the opportunity to maximise returns on that investment by getting us promoted, eventually to the Premier League.
All ifs and ands obviously but I still think we’d be a decent investment, especially when we win the Champions League 😉🤣😍

I'm choosing not to believe any of this until I see it directly confirmed. A bit too much dreaming going on here for my liking. This is Sunderland,remember,where disappointment is in our DNA!
It needs sorting quickly though mind,one way or the other,'cos we can't afford any detrimental effect to our on-pitch activities.....,which it will have if it drags......they're fragile enough as it is.

Even if we do get git rich awab men in won't the EFL FFP rules hold us back anyway? Wolves were loaded but succeeded through contacts and the "super agent". Other wealthy owners have failed in the lower league's despite significant investment

Even if we do get git rich awab men in won't the EFL FFP rules hold us back anyway? Wolves were loaded but succeeded through contacts and the "super agent". Other wealthy owners have failed in the lower league's despite significant investment
Ways around it like sponsoring the ground, shirts etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back