Takeover Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

They are Americans however and you have had one of them already, When Americans invest, they borrow the money first, and they aren't big on individual accountability or taking any personal risk. The fact that a few people who could afford your club all on their own are grouping together would concern me if it was happening at Newcastle. The takeover would be starting with the club in debt.

Fuming

Not overly bothered about doing a city.

Some financial clout to upgrade the ground and Academy and mainly upgrade the skeleton staff we seem to be working with.

Not sure how many coaches we have but it seems jack , his marra and keeper coach do a hell of a lot.

Plus scouting needs a big lift.

I would agree with that usually, but it just doesn't make sense for 3-4 billionaires to join forces, buy a club in England just to keep it in the Championship.
I think we will need at least 1 season in champo if not 2 ,you are right though these boys arnt likely to take to long to prem

Let them crack on and enjoy themselves. It's not affecting your life. You can keep it real and they can go crazy.
What will the mags think though? That's the most important bit, if it doesn't happen/work, they'll come on here and take the piss...

I know. It's literally an epoch moment for the club. Nobody ever saw this coming except for SD and CM. Heroes. Absolute heroes for the club in last 18 months. Saved us no doubt in my mind.
Also Short taking a loss for the club to sell it having put us in this position should not also be lost in the conversation... Thank you Ellis for leaving Sunderland with a chance to survive

Last edited:
I was told today the deal was signed about 3 weeks ago and they were here last week too? That's why donald was so chuffed last week and the news has come out. Just awaiting the usual efl fit and proper person test which will be a formality
There’s no such thing as the ‘fit and proper persons test’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back