Takeover Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

We won't. We will be at most a competitive championship side with possible promotion after a few years. Then it will be try to stay up at best
The teams that there now will have a massive head start on us financially
I would agree with that usually, but it just doesn't make sense for 3-4 billionaires to join forces, buy a club in England just to keep it in the Championship.

They are Americans however and you have had one of them already, When Americans invest, they borrow the money first, and they aren't big on individual accountability or taking any personal risk. The fact that a few people who could afford your club all on their own are grouping together would concern me if it was happening at Newcastle. The takeover would be starting with the club in debt.

Aye cos you all seem really happy with your one and only rich owner who invests next to fuck all into the club aren’t you?

You sound covetous.
I see our rattled Mag is a Stone Roses fan (Love Spreads, quoting its monkey boy lead singer, etc). Always a bit worried by Roses obsessives because, well, they weren't that great really, were they?

Anyway, as I'm currently hooked up to a drip in the Armenian Hospital for Infectious Diseases in Yerevan – I shit you, quite literally, not – I've got nothing else better to do to than address The Riled One in language he may understand:

Hello SQUIRE! It appears the news about the potential investment at Sunderland has induced a few BROWN trousers among our friends up the road. I'm not the first to SHOOT YOU DOWN, but you'd have to be MADE OF STONE not to feel a modicum of envy about our impending good news. This must feel like THE HARDEST THING IN THE WORLD to the poor old Toon Army. SOMETHING'S BURNING – and it appears to be the ears of our angry neighbours.

While you are stuck with the FOOLS GOLD, to Sunderland fans, it is looking likely that THIS IS THE ONE. BREAKING INTO HEAVEN? Not yet, but hopefully the Championship and who knows from there? GOOD TIMES are ahead, it seems. As for your lot, there appears to be nothing but TEARS ahead. HOW DO YOU SLEEP? Sunderland have negotiated the choppy waters while under Ashley and Bruce NUFC could be heading for the WATERFALL. GOING DOWN? Time will tell.

By the way, ONE LOVE? No, I think you'll find it was six, love, until that late draw a couple of years back prevented it from being seven, love.

While there are some here who will shout DON'T STOP and want you to continue with your tirade, personally I say BYE BYE BADMAN.

Bye bye…

(See, told you I was bored).
Ha, ha, nice work, TTF. Arl the best fer a full (& hopefully speedy) recovery, marra.

Last edited:
Their having second thoughts.
"They're" here, were at the match yesterday. Billionaires don't waste "their" time flying half way round the world to watch a third division "soccer" game. Now tell me when your fake Sheikh was actually in the North East. You daft cernts even had a facebook page dedicated to tracking an aeroplane that you thought belonged to the fake Sheikh. It's happening get used to it. The club was on life support. It's up and walking about now. Soon it will be back up to speed and running and much healthier than before it's illness. We bottomed out and are available for buttons in billionaires terms.

"They're" here, were at the match yesterday. Billionaires don't waste "their" time flying half way round the world to watch a third division "soccer" game. Now tell me when your fake Sheikh was actually in the North East. You daft cernts even had a facebook page dedicated to tracking an aeroplane that you thought belonged to the fake Sheikh. It's happening get used to it. The club was on life support. It's up and walking about now. Soon it will be back up to speed and running and much healthier than before it's illness. We bottomed out and are available for buttons in billionaires terms.
It's done mate. Whem the fakeover for them was mooted the fake sheikh didnt turn up at 1 of their games let alone 2. They are just so bitter

Probably one for GOM, but would them buying the club themselves rather than through MSD (or whatever it’s called) be because of technicalities over self financing? For a purely made up example, there might be a rule about not being able to sponsor your own shirt, but because they own us themselves and not MSD, it makes it easier to invest cash from that stream? Is there reasons such as this for doing it this way? The type of workarounds I’m sure Man City do all the time.

We won't. We will be at most a competitive championship side with possible promotion after a few years. Then it will be try to stay up at best
The teams that there now will have a massive head start on us financially

Not true.
We - at this moment in time- have no idea how this will pan out.

That's the beauty of it!
Dream away, the future (good, bad, whatever) is on its way.

I was just singing a few owld songs & jingles:

Phelan's, nothing mare than Phelan's, trying to forget these Phelan's of love. Teardrops, farling doon the mag's fyess, trying to forget my Phelan's of-a love....

Platek's padded bra, dizzent marrawot size yar. Fotty six diz the tricks, why dint ye try some Platek's nix?

When he hears that Mick Dell chime,
Fuhrman Glenn is there on time.
Putting on his coat and hat,
In less than seven seconds flat.
He's always on the scene.
Fuhrman Glenn!
And his helmet's bright and clean.
Fuhrman Glenn!
Mags can not ignore,
Glenn is the hero next door.

We were quite shite for a while
I could smile for a while
Then I saw you last night
And you were even mare shite
When you stopped to say hello
I wished you well, I couldn't tell
That you'd been crying over you
Crying over you
Then I said so long
And left you standing all alone
Alone and crying....

Last edited:
No but what does it matter..his business partners who represent him were
Not being funny mate but I reckon you’ve got that wrong.
These lads are successful men and won’t want to be bumbling around mid table in the Championship.
They will want us back in the Premier League at the earliest opportunity and will have the money and hopefully the acumen to make it happen.
Don’t think they are coming to play at it.
Happy Days.
They've got hundreds of other investments on the go, that's why they'll not spend much... Apparently

Oh, and ffp

They are Americans however and you have had one of them already, When Americans invest, they borrow the money first, and they aren't big on individual accountability or taking any personal risk. The fact that a few people who could afford your club all on their own are grouping together would concern me if it was happening at Newcastle. The takeover would be starting with the club in debt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back