Takeaways and Chip shops Barnard Castle

The other one is better now

There is 2. Pizza cottage and castle pizza. Not sure either of them are that great. There's a pizza van just out of town that everyone was raving over a month or so ago
Yeah I've heard about that van too, pulls up at certain times just outside Barney in a little layby type thing

Just had a couple of days in a Spa hotel nearby, Morritt Grange? Canny good, can recommend it. Nee idea about takeways though, soz.

The other one is better now

There is 2. Pizza cottage and castle pizza. Not sure either of them are that great. There's a pizza van just out of town that everyone was raving over a month or so ago

I’m in full agreement with this. Katie’s is now better that 149, but I think the one in Middleton-in-Teesdale is still the best in the area.

Pizza shops are bang average, although I haven’t tried the pizza van, so couldn’t comment.

Just had a couple of days in a Spa hotel nearby, Morritt Grange? Canny good, can recommend it. Nee idea about takeways though, soz.
The Morritt, I used to work there before they had the spa. Have been to a couple of weddings since and it is a great addition. We have our Christmas do there this year , desperately searching for a ball gown as I've got fat since I last wore mine :lol::lol:

I’m in full agreement with this. Katie’s is now better that 149, but I think the one in Middleton-in-Teesdale is still the best in the area.

Pizza shops are bang average, although I haven’t tried the pizza van, so couldn’t comment.

Yeah we rarely use the pizza shops, they aren't the best. Bottom one missed half our order last time . The pizza van is in a layby after the Jet garage going down the hill opposite the football pitch. Think it's only open Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Last edited:
149 has an award for being one of the best chip shops in the country. They also only use sustainably caught fish which is a good thing to know.

Im not a fish and chip man, but on the odd time we’ve been for take out they’ve been lovely. Notably not too greasy either which is always nice.

Barney is a lovely place, we spend quite a bit of time there and I can see us relocating there once my eldest is up and off.

Mighty get fat on chips if we do.

The Morritt, I used to work there before they had the spa. Have been to a couple of weddings since and it is a great addition. We have our Christmas do there this year , desperately searching for a ball gown as I've got fat since I last wore mine :lol::lol:

Yeah we rarely use the pizza shops, they aren't the best. Bottom one missed half our order last time . The pizza van is in a layby after the Jet garage going down the hill opposite the football pitch. Think it's only open Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

The big farm shop just over the A66 does proper Italian style pizzas in a wood fired oven. So does the Italian restaurant on Newgate. Both very good.

Last edited:

Back