Tactics with Lee Johnson (featuring the corridor of uncertainty)

Well that’s changed my mind. Here’s me thinking he’s a mini David Brent when he’s actually a tactical genius with a great track record of success and we’re lucky to have him.

I think most of us have sat through various presentations, and the thing is, its not really what is on the diagrams and charts that really matters, its the way its delivered which either keeps your interest and grabs your attention or sends you to sleep.

We all saw the snoozefest that Grayson delivered on Netflix and I could be wrong, but I really can't imagine Parkinson being particularly exciting when lecturing the team.

At least Johnson seems like he might be a bit more dynamic and get the player's attention and impress something into them.

I think most of us have sat through various presentations, and the thing is, its not really what is on the diagrams and charts that really matters, its the way its delivered which either keeps your interest and grabs your attention or sends you to sleep.

We all saw the snoozefest that Grayson delivered on Netflix and I could be wrong, but I really can't imagine Parkinson being particularly exciting when lecturing the team.

At least Johnson seems like he might be a bit more dynamic and get the player's attention and impress something into them.
Going back a bit, I’ve actually long thought this was the real problem with Howard Wilkinson, who regularly comes up in “worst SAFC manager ever threads.”

It was less to do with what he was saying (there’s more than enough evidence to suggest he knew what he was talking about, to say the least) and more to do with delivering it in a monotone, outdated fashion which didn’t engage the players.

Corridor of confusion 6 yards out. Could explain a lot when looking at Grigg, Graham and Wyke. They look permanently f***ing confused

Back