Table after 4 games last season

Wasnt taking shape???

Portsmouth. Barnsley and us (3 of the final top 6), were already in the top six.................

This.

ffs
You've only looked at it from one point of view. Walsall and Bradford both went down, despite being top 10. Shrewsbury, Wycombe and Burton all stayed up. Charlton and Luton were 14th and 15th. They were probably the best two sides in the division come the end of the season. None of that is horse shit, it's fact.
It's an interesting question. There's a theory that, like players, it takes a certain personality to be a popular manager here. Think about the most popular managers over the last 20 years; Reid, Keane, Mick Mac and BSA - all, shall we say, larger than life characters, successful at times, but not always (particularly true of McCarthy). Ross is more introverted, and this probably means he gets less slack than more, erm, vocal occupants of the manager's chair.
I've always said it's the more charismatic types that become popular with our fans.

Last edited:

Some people don't like him because of the performances. Why would people just not like him and want him sacked for the crack?
Not sure. I don't like Warnock. He's a good manager and I'm sure he'd do a good job for us but I just don't like him. It's not for the crack but I just don't.

It's an interesting question. There's a theory that, like players, it takes a certain personality to be a popular manager here. Think about the most popular managers over the last 20 years; Reid, Keane, Mick Mac and BSA - all, shall we say, larger than life characters, successful at times, but not always (particularly true of McCarthy). Ross is more introverted, and this probably means he gets less slack than more, erm, vocal occupants of the manager's chair.
This. A few fist clenching, bulging-eyed pitch histrionics, followed by a cliche ridden post-match interview, with some 'joshing' with the interviewer thrown in to show that he's really is just 'one of the lads' will have everyone singing Ross' praises.

This. A few fist clenching, bulging-eyed pitch histrionics, followed by a cliche ridden post-match interview, with some 'joshing' with the interviewer thrown in to show that he's really is just 'one of the lads' will have everyone singing Ross' praises.

Piss off man. He needs to get the team playing better. I’ve just watched part of PNE v Stoke. Stoke are bottom at the moment and even so they looked miles better than I’ve seen us play for most of Ross’s tenure

I don’t know if anyone has pointed this out yet but compared to last season, league one as a whole is a lot weaker this season. Even after 4 games it’s obvious. Which should benefit us hopefully

After the Oxford game man people on here were seething at how our season was going. The truth is some people just don't like the manager and never will. As fans all we can do is go to the games and cheer the team on and the only table that matters is the one after 46 games.
Give it a rest man.

After the Oxford game man people on here were seething at how our season was going. The truth is some people just don't like the manager and never will. As fans all we can do is go to the games and cheer the team on and the only table that matters is the one after 46 games.
I dont like him because he failed last season. He failed to get us out of this awful league and he took us to our worst ever finish in our entire history.

The football he serves up is awful to watch. Its cowardice football, very defensive and over cautious.

Back