T20 World Cup Final Pakistan v England MCG 08:00

They are the best in this tournament no? For bowling I mean.

I am not totally au fait with cricket but when we were driving up to Oban listening to that last over in the India Pakistan match was incredible.

Really enjoyed this tournament 🥰
Try a Test match.

Only a few years ago I’d deride cricket as “boring”. That all changed after Headingley 2019.

It’s by far and away my favourite sport now. I can’t get enough of it.

Try a Test match.

Only a few years ago I’d deride cricket as “boring”. That all changed after Headingley 2019.

It’s by far and away my favourite sport now. I can’t get enough of it.
I've managed to convert a lass at work over the last few years. Started off watching a really crap Ashes series on BT Sport which she had for the football (Manc United fan), think the one where the Cook innings on a featherbed at Melbourne saved us from a whitewash.

Now she watches Tests, T20, 50 overs although sadly the 16.4 as well. Only thing she doesn't quite get is the County Championship

Dullest tournament ever. Slower over rates than Test Cricket for a start.

The Hundred is such a contrast and hope it doesn't go the route 20/20 has.

Average of 12 overs an hour for this is killing it.

The final was sleep inducing slow and boring.

If it wasn't England who would have stuck out the whole game as a netrual I wonder.

If it wasn't England who would have stuck out the whole game as a netrual I wonder.

Well won't be getting to watch England win a WC in that.

Dullest tournament ever.

Correct - but only if you don't like cricket! 😉

I bet you think the 73 Cup Final was a bit slow as well, like. Only 1 goal in it. Like watching paint dry...🙄
May I suggest you Google former Surrey player David Ward...
I just did. Wow!

Last edited:

Totally disagree

Apart from rain such a great tournament

So many games meant so much

Agree the over rate is abysmal, but that should be an easy fix for the administrators.

I always think that the final is a bit of an anticlimax, too much can hang on little things like a coin toss, or a piece of bad luck, better to change the format, and make it the best of 3 games, or even 5. Tickets would certainly sell, and would be huge potential for tv companies.

SONOFROWELL possibly. Had an eye avatar with safc around it . Car crash victim
Macca wasn't a cricket fan, only really played back street and never bothered coming down to Consett CC when we were kids. Went to a couple of games with him but that was purely drink related. :D

Back