Syria

I’ve Just been watching the ITV 10 o’clock. One of the most uncomfortable and sickening news article I’ve watched in my lifetime.
I’d put it up there with the Ethiopian famine, Bradford fire, Hillsborough and the little bairn getting washed up in the med.
poor poor buggers with nowhere to go and being treated as sitting ducks by a regime culling it’s own . Turkeys borders now shut after taking 3m refugees in <12 months and the world sits back and watches.

I’ve Just been watching the ITV 10 o’clock. One of the most uncomfortable and sickening news article I’ve watched in my lifetime.
I’d put it up there with the Ethiopian famine, Bradford fire, Hillsborough and the little bairn getting washed up in the med.
poor poor buggers with nowhere to go and being treated as sitting ducks by a regime culling it’s own . Turkeys borders now shut after taking 3m refugees in <12 months and the world sits back and watches.
What do you suggest we do?

Blue hats?
A united peace keeping force stopping the slaughter of poor bairns?
And now I’m off again watching the Rio Ferdinand programme. I’m obviously getting emotional in me old age

Geopolitics in action.

Q. Who benefits from this?
A. Arms dealers.

Q. Where are most of these weapons manufactured?
A. In the countries who most able and least likely to stop it

Is there another option?

They've been a puppet organisation since the 60s.

Their corrupt and morally reprehensible staff have disgraced themselves in more countries than I've had hot dinners.

As long as America polices the globe, with China and Russia exerting their influence wherever possible there is actually no point in the UN.

They've been a puppet organisation since the 60s.

Their corrupt and morally reprehensible staff have disgraced themselves in more countries than I've had hot dinners.

As long as America polices the globe, with China and Russia exerting their influence wherever possible there is actually no point in the UN.
Unless those countries get involved in keeping the peace.
The Dutch shamed themselves in Sierra Leon
But on the flip side, the un were proactive in the Balkan’s

There's a good documentary on All4 called For Sama (it got nominated for an Oscar). This lass goes round with a camcorder in Allepo filming everything from just after the Arab Spring uprising, till where it starts off peaceful up until the end of 2016 where the regime and the Russians are bombing the fuck out of them. During the hostilities the lass making the docu gets married and had a baby (Sama). It's powerful stuff especially when the hospital they worked in was getting bombed. Although I did have a few doubts in the back of my mind like who was financing them, where were they getting all the medical equipment from etc. There's a few on twitter suggesting that they were backed up by Isis and Al nusra and that the rebels in East Allepo were in fact terrorists allegedly.

Last edited:

Back