Symptom Relief

MackemBob

Striker
What helped you get over the symptoms of COVID?

I’m currently down with it. Tested positive on Tuesday night but had been rough since Sunday. Assumed it was a mega hangover as I’d had back to back 14 hour sessions on the drink on Friday and Saturday.

The aching has subsided, but the main issue now is the cough and a really sore throat. Have been taking paracetamol and drinking cold water, but now the water is hurting the sore throat when it was soothing it before.

Had some ibuprofen over night which let me get 4 hours kip, but it’s not a pill that really agrees with me.

It might not work, but I would try some warm water instead of cold. Gargling warm salt water and spitting it out may help too.

Honey , lemon juice and two or three drops of propolis in a bit of warm water, have a good gargle then spit it out, then a spoonful of honey to lubricate your throat. Works for me.

Honey , lemon juice and two or three drops of propolis in a bit of warm water, have a good gargle then spit it out, then a spoonful of honey to lubricate your throat. Works for me.

This seems to be the best idea for your throat.

Although, I would personally add a drop or whisky or rum and make it a hot toddy. The alcohol help sooth as well.

Cant help with the aches and pains apart from rest. When I got it I was asymptomatic.

However post covid the brain fog has been relentless and doesn't seem to want to shift, so if anyone has any ideas on that I'm open to suggestions.

Hot shower with as much steam trapped in the room as possible helped me with the congestion and the aches and pains to an extent.

Other than that rest and a lot of lemon/ginger tea.

Had a bit honey earlier and that worked for a little while.

Got a couple of hours on the couch watching telly, but have been banished to the west wing now that the bairns are home from school.

Will try the gargling later on as I am comfortable in bed at the moment.
What is propolis?

Although, I would personally add a drop or whisky or rum and make it a hot toddy. The alcohol help sooth as well.

However post covid the brain fog has been relentless and doesn't seem to want to shift, so if anyone has any ideas on that I'm open to suggestions.
Hot Toddy at bedtime, the Whisky will help you sleep

Brain fog might be overdoing the hot toddy :D

Back