Sydney bushfires

Worrying stuff for anyone living near bushland. Have some friends living on the edge of national parks north of Sydney. And a mate with a few acres of bush up northern NSW.

The Rural Fire Service have a released a ‘Fires near me’ app, as you can imagine it’s very, very popular

On a completely different set of bushfires, on the recent James O'Brien interview with Ross Noble he was talking about when Noble lived near Melbourne and they lost their house to the fires there. He was describing how he was on the phone to one of his mates back in the UK and explaining that he had lost all of his possessions - just left with the clothes he was in, more or less. His mate reminded him of the bike he had just bought to keep in the UK so that he could use it when he was over here, and he said "oh yeah, I've still got the brand new Ducati like", and so his mate said "Well yer hardly the fuckin Dalai Lama then are yer"

Poor management or new settlements?
The climate is changing and that change is fuelling fire. Drier, hotter and windier conditions. I'm no expert myself on the causes so I'm happy to defer to those who are. And they are pretty much all saying it's climate change.

Current mob in government are very much in the pocket of fossil fuel guzzling business though.

The climate is changing and that change is fuelling fire. Drier, hotter and windier conditions. I'm no expert myself on the causes so I'm happy to defer to those who are. And they are pretty much all saying it's climate change.

Current mob in government are very much in the pocket of fossil fuel guzzling exporting business though.
I thought it was driven by the mining companies wanting to export coal to China.

Back