SWOS

andysafc85

Striker
Probably SEB but what is the easiest/best/cheapest way to be able to play the old SWOS, preferably on a laptop with an old school control pad.

Dont have a clue with emulators and all that stuff. Cheers in advance

SWOS, Champ Man and the old ISS/PES on PS1/2.

Dread to think how many hours I put into them :lol:

Wish I still got the buzz I used to get off champ man as a teenager. Absolutely loved it then. I really enjoy Football Manager but just not the same. That said I've got most of the old games still on disc, tried a few and now they just seem too simple as compared to the new version so can't seem to win either way.

Wish I still got the buzz I used to get off champ man as a teenager. Absolutely loved it then. I really enjoy Football Manager but just not the same. That said I've got most of the old games still on disc, tried a few and now they just seem too simple as compared to the new version so can't seem to win either way.
Spot on, I wish I loved playing the latest fifa or PES like I did SWOS or PES3 but I just can’t get away with them at all

Aye I've tried Champ man 97/98 and 00/01 a few times recently and it's not the same.

I was about 12 when Champ came out. The buzz I got from playing that game is something I can't describe.
Addiction doesn't come close.

I was about 12 when Champ came out. The buzz I got from playing that game is something I can't describe.
Addiction doesn't come close.

97/98 was the first one I got for myself and jesus I loved it. I remember getting a PC Christmas 98. No Champ man. Went round my mates house at about 7.30 in the morning who lived in my street to ask if I could borrow the disc, got short shrift from his dad.

97/98 was the first one I got for myself and jesus I loved it. I remember getting a PC Christmas 98. No Champ man. Went round my mates house at about 7.30 in the morning who lived in my street to ask if I could borrow the disc, got short shrift from his dad.
hahahah :)

Unreal game. I remember the custom teams and I used to take the best one and edit me and all of my mates into it :lol:
I remember the custom/silly teams. Type of Cheese. Gorgonzola up front, of course. Had to make sure you didn't put a hole-y cheese in goal mind.

I remember the custom/silly teams. Type of Cheese. Gorgonzola up front, of course. Had to make sure you didn't put a hole-y cheese in goal mind.

I remember I always used to take over a team called The Professionals and it was just job professions, Footballer was the unreal striker on it who was fast as owt so used to change the name to me :lol:

Used to meet at my mates house on school lunch breaks so the top players in the school could battle it out on SWOS. Bring your own zipstick if you really wanted to be competitive! I used to prefer a more flightstick type of joystick for it though, with a button on the top and a trigger. I was never elite at it though!

Back