Switching mobile phone providers???

Smiler

Striker
Not done this in a long long time, do you just wait until the day your current contract ends or do you need to start the ball rolling a week or two beforehand?

Never done it while in contract but if you ask for your PAC close to the end I'm sure they'd waive any moneys due if you left slightly early. There's probably something in your contract that says you can move without penalty in the last x amount of days or weeks of your contract.

If it's to get a better deal, providers will normally give you a decent upgrade/retention offer if you're near the end (within 3 months usually) but you can request a PAC code for migration at any time and the current provider will just bill you the remaining contract/device value in your last invoice. PAC migration if goes smoothly can be as quick as a couple of days.

Very easy now.

Best time to do it is within your last 30 days. You always get a pro-rata final bill which will include a partial refund due to paying a month in advance. As long as yiu get a PAC you can transfer your number no bother.

Ask for the PAC code in advance and use it the day your contract ends. SIM only I hope, far better value. I pay around 50p a month when I take off airtime rewards.

And for that I get a coffee and a sausage sandwich every week too

So basically wait until the final day of my contract, get the PAC and then get my new account set-up that day?

i have just done it, from vodafone to lebara. got the sim from lebara. then got the poc code from vodafone. joined lebara followed link to keep same number. then arranged for number to be transfered over 2 days later. i never checked to see what the date range was

Not done this in a long long time, do you just wait until the day your current contract ends or do you need to start the ball rolling a week or two beforehand?

I had my Internet from Sky and my phone with Vodaphone till I got smart and switched to Vodaphone also for my Internet, just 22 quid for both.

Text 'PAC' to 65075, when I worked at EE I think the deal was that you had 30 days to use the code but I could be wrong. Give it to your new provider and Bob's your uncle, you're switched.

So basically wait until the final day of my contract, get the PAC and then get my new account set-up that day?
No, you need a sim for your phone from your new provider first so request a sim up a week or so before you want to switch, you don't need to activate it straight away, the PAC code lasts 30 days anarl.

Ordered voxi online yesterday morning and the SIM has come today, put my PAC from 3 in and they're switching tomorrow. Couldn't be simpler. I'd already put my notice in with 3 last month and they've hassled me every day.
SIM only deals have gone right up from the main ones, my 3 was going from £16 to £23 and they were removing the unlimited data. Voxi is through Vodafone which to be honest I thought was crap when I had it a while back but it's a rolling monthly contract and has to be better than 3 surely. £12 per month for 60gb but social media is unlimited

Back