Switching energy supplier - how does this work?

they are all buying from the same suppliers. some have their own suppliers mind even if they owned by the same group they have to be ran as though different companies

in fairness most of the companies are much of a muchness when you compare like with like. Biggest disaster for most people is when they ignore plan closing date and go onto standard. some refuse to send in readings.

We had the same with BG boiler cover. They wouldn’t match it. We went with Lloyd’s. BG are twats.

Ive got their boiler cover. After a couple of years it went up a canny bit, phoned up & queried it. After a bit of haggling they refuced it to a similar amount to what i was pay previously on the introductory rate.

NPower an absolute nightmare of a Company to deal with.
Worst Customer experience in my lifetime. Mistake after mistake almost laughable. Would never use them again.
Green Energy now and saved a fortune. Easy to deal with as well.
Already £100 in credit on my bill.

Npower are absolute shithouses. I had the same experience with them as yourself. Ditched them for Avro (cheaper) and just ditched them for Ebico (cheaper again).

Probably taking your eyes out then year after year. Do a comparison and switch. The money is better in your pocket than theirs.

probably but i don't like the thought of giving these companies my bank details for them to do as they please. i don't know of many folk who aren't owed money due to overpaying. the only 2 direct debits i have is for my season ticket and for my 'phone, everything else is paper.

Ive got their boiler cover. After a couple of years it went up a canny bit, phoned up & queried it. After a bit of haggling they refuced it to a similar amount to what i was pay previously on the introductory rate.
We called them up and said “you’re offering it for half of that price online” and they still tried to haggle us down from the top price in incremements, rather than just give us the online price. So we told them where to go.

probably but i don't like the thought of giving these companies my bank details for them to do as they please. i don't know of many folk who aren't owed money due to overpaying. the only 2 direct debits i have is for my season ticket and for my 'phone, everything else is paper.
its almost 2019 by the way.

move with the times, you are covered these days with fraudulent bank transactions.

I was Absolutley sick of Npower. I’ve changed to a company called bulb and although similar prices the whole experience is much much better.

Easy bills, they remind you your payment is coming out, Meyer readings easy everything. Superb company.

There is a refer scheme if anyone want to go over and we both get money.
Not suggesting for this though. They are a good company.

I have some referral links for Bulb Energy if anyone is interested. PM me for the link. By signing up using the link you will be credited £100 to your account for free. You must sign up before midnight tonight.

Bulb has been mentioned on here and gets decent reviews.

NPower an absolute nightmare of a Company to deal with.
Worst Customer experience in my lifetime. Mistake after mistake almost laughable. Would never use them again.
Green Energy now and saved a fortune. Easy to deal with as well.
Already £100 in credit on my bill.
Your monthly payments are too much then? Why would an energy company having your money be a good thing?

i just changed my BB using Uswitch and got a better deal with no set up fees and a £75 voucher - tried going direct with the supplier and they couldnt match it

I have some referral links for Bulb Energy if anyone is interested. PM me for the link. By signing up using the link you will be credited £100 to your account for free. You must sign up before midnight tonight.

Bulb has been mentioned on here and gets decent reviews.

Ignore this idiot, use my referral link instead.

Did the OP switch then. I see a lot of the cheaper tariffs have been pulled as soon as the price capping had been implemented. The market is a f***ing joke.

I was with that Outfox the market (started paying £93 a month duel fuel)
Within 3 months they said it was going up to £275 a month so I baled out sharpish.
Now with that Pure Planet , thanks to a few good souls on here.

I went years without switching, been absolutely stung over the years.

Switch every 12 months now, get cashback which near enough covers a monthly bill.

Back