Switch Controllers

Venkman

Striker
Got a 2nd hand Switch for our 7 year old, but needs new controllers. Normally wouldn't buy imitations when it comes to ps4, but wondering if anyone has had any joy with a decent set for the switch?

Already spent a lot for Christmas, so if we can looking at making a little saving here whilst also being well aware of the old adage 'you get what you pay for'.

Any time I've gone cheap with controllers I've had to buy legit within a year, Nintendo knock-offs have been the worst for it. If you're skint right now then you're skint, just don't be shocked if you need to drop £60 in 2021.

What's wrong with the ones that came with it? If it's drift electrical contact spray sorts it out

Last edited:
Any time I've gone cheap with controllers I've had to buy legit within a year, Nintendo knock-offs have been the worst for it. If you're skint right now then you're skint, just don't be shocked if you need to drop £60 in 2021.
Seconded. Got the little one a Switch and bought a second set of joycons. The knock-off set are total crap. This is one of those times its worth the investment for the real ones

If whoever you bought it off has the proof of purchase still - send them to Nintendo for a repair - even if you buy an extra set (and I wouldn't buy the knock off ones for the Switch cos they suck) - the repaired ones are handy for when you have all your mates around for Mario Kart.

Thought as much, cheers lads. Got the originals but yes it's a drift problem, that an easy fix?

I used the wd40 contact spray, works a charm, may have to do it a couple of times, I used it in my pair that came with the console and new ones which had drift out the box, all working fine and if it happens again just repeat the process

Last edited:
Bairn's switch lite's just developed a drift problem. I'm not going to bother getting that fixed as she can't steer a character straight to start with so won't ever notice the difference.

Back