Swindon Town RIP

My apologies posting on another clubs message board, won’t be posting anymore tonight, broken.
Up there with the worst, a hopeless position just waiting for even more bad news when right now we haven’t even bottomed out.
The only player we have on a 3 year contract is not FL standard played the 90 minutes today, his Dad funding the club and paying the contract is wrong on every account. Sick to death on the dodgy dealings these parasites continue to get away with.
5 different Captains in the last 5 games it’s beyond embarrassing now.
I won’t renew season tickets until the parasite has lost ownership of this club - no more.

I know you will feel disappointed with today’s outcome but your club is moving in the right direction.

I can take League Two football but we cannot live with these ownership issues, the FL need to step in and lift the lid, waiting until February until a Court case is eternity.
Put us out of our misery, what a mess.

Hang in there mate.
Feel your pain.
KTF

My apologies posting on another clubs message board
Don't be. You're part of the furniture on here and although I may not interact massively with you I always read your posts. It's nice to have outside opinions and to hear about things going on at other clubs without having to go and search for them.

Hopefully you can get these people out of your club and com back from it soon.

The Bury comment is a tad unnecessary.

Many board regulars will recall good experiences with Bury supporters following our promotion winning game there in the season after the Chamionship play-off disappointment.

Many of us sponsored seats and attended games and met some good people as a result. We were welcomed.

I personally know Bury supporters who were equally as devastated as anyone would be when their club was destroyed.

Wonderful club and met some decent fans at Gigg Lane over the years.
I hope they get back where they belong.

Why do I give a shit about Swindon Town? Damn you @Swindon On Tour for making me care. Ironically it seems you have the opposite problem to us. You don't draw enough games!

We are awful, every asset virtually sold, would be lucky to get £200k for the team. The parasite has sold the lot, no communication, nothing.
Like the lad we sold to Charlton ironically, played yesterday Jaiyesimi, was wondering how he played.
Power hasn’t put a penny into the club, borrowed from so many and taken a fair few million out. The end of the runway is in sight but only knows the outcome. It will make some interesting reading for sure if the truth is allowed to be lifted.

We are awful, every asset virtually sold, would be lucky to get £200k for the team. The parasite has sold the lot, no communication, nothing.
Like the lad we sold to Charlton ironically, played yesterday Jaiyesimi, was wondering how he played.
Power hasn’t put a penny into the club, borrowed from so many and taken a fair few million out. The end of the runway is in sight but only knows the outcome. It will make some interesting reading for sure if the truth is allowed to be lifted.
Jaiyesimi put 1 on a plate for the striker but somehow he missed a virtually open goal. Gutted to see you in such low spirits m8, the owners of your club sound horrendous

So it seems another club is being run into the ground having passed the fit and proper test and also complying with FFP or profit and sustainability rules? It really is a farce and it needs looking at. I'm not totally sure of the current rules but surely there needs to be more stringent checks at the start and also continuous reviews throughout the ownership life cycle?

For example, when a new owner comes in his cash flow should be checked against the clubs current profit and loss situation and also he should lay down a 2 or 3 year plan for how the cash flow is going to be managed, with regular checks against the plan by independent auditors. At the end of that plan a new one should be submitted and the cycle renewed. This would stop owners coming in and using loans to buy a club and increasing their debt instantly. It would also stop owners taking huge sums out of clubs that is disproportionate to their income.

The owners should be able to invest as much as they want over a shorter time frame to get any failing clubs finances back on track, in the form of interest free loans.

Any serious failings over the review period should be subject to sanctions against the owner.

Surely that would be a better and more secure way than current and would surely deter rogue owners and encourage decent owners with genuine intentions?

So it seems another club is being run into the ground having passed the fit and proper test and also complying with FFP or profit and sustainability rules? It really is a farce and it needs looking at. I'm not totally sure of the current rules but surely there needs to be more stringent checks at the start and also continuous reviews throughout the ownership life cycle?

For example, when a new owner comes in his cash flow should be checked against the clubs current profit and loss situation and also he should lay down a 2 or 3 year plan for how the cash flow is going to be managed, with regular checks against the plan by independent auditors. At the end of that plan a new one should be submitted and the cycle renewed. This would stop owners coming in and using loans to buy a club and increasing their debt instantly. It would also stop owners taking huge sums out of clubs that is disproportionate to their income.

The owners should be able to invest as much as they want over a shorter time frame to get any failing clubs finances back on track, in the form of interest free loans.

Any serious failings over the review period should be subject to sanctions against the owner.

Surely that would be a better and more secure way than current and would surely deter rogue owners and encourage decent owners with genuine intentions?
I would like to see accountability for the EFL when they get it spectacularly wrong as they have done on this and numerous other occasions.

I would like to see accountability for the EFL when they get it spectacularly wrong as they have done on this and numerous other occasions.

Agree with that aswell. The fact that in the last few years we've lost a good club in Bury and at one point, the EFL didn't know who owned Charlton, to the point where they gave them a deadline to prove it before revoking their registration, really speaks volumes.

They are an appalling governing body in my opinion and some of their main rules and regulations are restrictive to trade and not fit for purpose.

Agree with that aswell. The fact that in the last few years we've lost a good club in Bury and at one point, the EFL didn't know who owned Charlton, to the point where they gave them a deadline to prove it before revoking their registration, really speaks volumes.

They are an appalling governing body in my opinion and some of their main rules and regulations are restrictive to trade and not fit for purpose.
Absolutely they’ve done more harm than good for a long time now.

owner lied by saying his mate but the cash in..the mate actually borrowed the money from gareth barry..

chairman is a formersafc player...kind of..

Back