Swimming

Fletch

Striker
any other posters go swimming ?
forgotten how tiring it is, 56 x 50m lengths at the aquatic last night, surprised how busy it gets

I used to do it religiously a few year ago at Silksworth, gave up in the end when I got tired of having to stop mid-swim while the pensioners walked infront of me. You'll never see much of a weight loss but more a change in your bodyshape as the majority of muscles are getting a workout.

any other posters go swimming ?
forgotten how tiring it is, 56 x 50m lengths at the aquatic last night, surprised how busy it gets

kin ell, mile and a half swim !! good effort. I had a spell at trying to get into it instead of running for the non impact effect on legs etc but only lasted a few months, used to do 60 lengths and then I was knackered and bored sh1tless. Great exrcise if you enjoy it tho and some top pervin (on women)!! to be done :D

Topper exercise.

I go to the Raich Carter every Sunday morning and get the bairn to splash the pensioners
Been to raich carter couple of times mate, canny set up there, problem is only takes dozen swimmers to turn up and its full , bit hit n miss if wanting to train properly, but ideal for a leisurely swim

kin ell, mile and a half swim !! good effort. I had a spell at trying to get into it instead of running for the non impact effect on legs etc but only lasted a few months, used to do 60 lengths and then I was knackered and bored sh1tless. Great exrcise if you enjoy it tho and some top pervin (on women)!! to be done :D
aim is to be able to do 2mile in an hour , think that's 76 lengths !! just need to do summit twice a week while can't run , me shoulders n arms were achin a bit afterwards , and youre right there are some very fit women in there

Been to raich carter couple of times mate, canny set up there, problem is only takes dozen swimmers to turn up and its full , bit hit n miss if wanting to train properly, but ideal for a leisurely swim

aim is to be able to do 2mile in an hour , think that's 76 lengths !! just need to do summit twice a week while can't run , me shoulders n arms were achin a bit afterwards , and youre right there are some very fit women in there

It's 65 in a 50m.

Haven't swam for ages. There's a pool in my building at work that I should really start visiting.

I swim Tuesdays and Thursdays with my triathlon club. Just was getting coached and everything is starting to click now and getting quite decent.

All you need to do is get on a bike and triathlon train :lol:

I swim Tuesdays and Thursdays with my triathlon club. Just was getting coached and everything is starting to click now and getting quite decent.

All you need to do is get on a bike and triathlon train :lol:
got a bike, did the C2C last year... did look into the suncitytri training, but as you say its a tues/thurs and that clashes with daughter going t harriers unfortunately - what sort of distances do they swim there mate ?

you tried aqua-jogging Fletch?

yes mate, was doing that Christmas/new year period when originally injured , use to feel a right plonka to be fair :lol:
ive tried it a few times over the last month - feel like a complete tool turning up with ya little floatation belt on. Gave it up as a bad job :)

never had a floatation belt mind !! just felt uncomfortable jogging up n down in the pool while people stared and thought I was some random nutter.

didn't realise you were injured mate, hope nothing serious and back to running soon

never had a floatation belt mind !! just felt uncomfortable jogging up n down in the pool while people stared and thought I was some random nutter.

didn't realise you were injured mate, hope nothing serious and back to running soon

aqua jogging isnt on the bottom of the pool!! Its done in the deep end with a float belt - its litteraly running in the water - feels a bit like treading water.
- its proper shit mind but supposed to be really good for fitness and recovery.

got a bike, did the C2C last year... did look into the suncitytri training, but as you say its a tues/thurs and that clashes with daughter going t harriers unfortunately - what sort of distances do they swim there mate ?
I normally seem to do about a mile, but different lanes do different things. I'm in the lane just above the learners. Ideal for me with the strollers! How old is your daughter?

aqua jogging isnt on the bottom of the pool!! Its done in the deep end with a float belt - its litteraly running in the water - feels a bit like treading water. its proper shit mind but supposed to be really good for fitness and recovery.
. Penny use t tell me to just jog the full length :lol:

I normally seem to do about a mile, but different lanes do different things. I'm in the lane just above the learners. Ideal for me with the strollers! How old is your daughter?
Nrly 12 mate , strollers don't have a kids club. What night do they train at the thornhill baths is that the Tuesday or Thursday ?

. Penny use t tell me to just jog the full length :lol:

Nrly 12 mate , strollers don't have a kids club. What night do they train at the thornhill baths is that the Tuesday or Thursday ?
Thursday. 7pm.

Tidays session was 300m steady. 300m pull buoy, 300m steady, 400m pull, 400m steady. I stopped at 1500m, wrecked.

I'm nursing an ankle injury from running and fancy getting back into swimming again. I used to go up to Castle View a couple of times a week but often experienced 'pensioner rage' with old fat women more interested in talking about what they were having for tea. They frequently didn't have a lane set up, but on a good night, I was managing just short of a mile.

Can any of the SMB resident amphibians recommend a decent pool to lane swim (evenings and weekends) where I won't be irked by dive bombing kids and owld fatties?! Cheers! :)

Back