Swimming

Can anyone see a day when the baths just open up like they did pre Covid and do away with these 50 minute slots? I'm a member and the youngun gets lessons so when we go for a social swim we don't have to worry about the cost but the £4.40 it does cost for a 50 minute swim is pretty shit value imo. Family of 5 and you are looking at over £20 for a quick trip to the baths

Can anyone see a day when the baths just open up like they did pre Covid and do away with these 50 minute slots? I'm a member and the youngun gets lessons so when we go for a social swim we don't have to worry about the cost but the £4.40 it does cost for a 50 minute swim is pretty shit value imo. Family of 5 and you are looking at over £20 for a quick trip to the baths
£4.80 at everyone active pools !

Agree they need to scrap the time slots

Son has a swim test on wednesday to do lifeguard course so thought i’d take him today to get some last minute training in. Aquatic shut for gala, raich shut at 1, silky pool shut for clean. Ended up in shields. Everyoneactive need to dort it out like. Shields pool packed, sunlan missing out.

Son has a swim test on wednesday to do lifeguard course so thought i’d take him today to get some last minute training in. Aquatic shut for gala, raich shut at 1, silky pool shut for clean. Ended up in shields. Everyoneactive need to dort it out like. Shields pool packed, sunlan missing out.
Think every couple months there’s a gala on all weekend mate. Agree that silky and raich Carter should have availability when they know the aquatic has gala , does seem daft .
Is he going in to be a lifeguard ? Deanos sun use to be one of he needed any info ?
Was in sea with dean n Tony this morn myself

Think every couple months there’s a gala on all weekend mate. Agree that silky and raich Carter should have availability when they know the aquatic has gala , does seem daft .
Is he going in to be a lifeguard ? Deanos sun use to be one of he needed any info ?
Was in sea with dean n Tony this morn myself
Nice one, i need to sort a wetsuit and give it a go

NPLQ? The swim test is pretty easy; some of the people I worked with when I lifeguarded could barely swim.

NPLQ? The swim test is pretty easy; some of the people I worked with when I lifeguarded could barely swim.
100m front crawl, 100m back, 50m under a minute. I can fully imagine as dome lifeguards dont look capable! It was just to get him swimming again as not reslly done it for few years, he was good as a kid. He was sick after like, too much drink at party saturday night😀.

The swimming pool is certainly the place to be at the minute.

Currently managing 2/3 dips a week and altering to Breastroke as the main stroke rather than Freestyle.

From a purely selfish point of view, glad school holidays are over as there were very few Lane swimming opportunities as the kids had the pool most of the time.

Back swimming after a holiday. 1000 meters a trip is the base target as I can only get there 2/3 times a week. Just mix and match the strokes and then throw a 25 metre butterfly in at the end and hope they have a defibrillator close by.

Back