Swimming

Great to see, most including me were convinced the baths wouldn't open back up again
There was something on the news the other week saying that there's a lot of pools around the country are still closed. A lot of the old Victorian ones are too costly to run as well. Mind they're not helping themselves here by still having the booking system in place and restricted numbers.

There was something on the news the other week saying that there's a lot of pools around the country are still closed. A lot of the old Victorian ones are too costly to run as well. Mind they're not helping themselves here by still having the booking system in place and restricted numbers.

Be interesting to see if they ever get back to pre covid opening

The thing everyone active do is spot on as in you pay for swimming lessons the youngun gets in 'free' for all leisure swims at the pools
Aye, we got that when my youngest was going. I also got my membership for 20 quid because they had an offer of introducing a friend or family member. They said it would go back up when she was finished her lessons but it never has.

Aye, we got that when my youngest was going. I also got my membership for 20 quid because they had an offer of introducing a friend or family member. They said it would go back up when she was finished her lessons but it never has.

Aye same here, just recently renewed mine. Paid £270 which works out about the price you pay if you go to the baths once a week which I tend to with the youngun. Holiday time tend to use baths more along with gym trips too. Cracking value

any other posters go swimming ?
forgotten how tiring it is, 56 x 50m lengths at the aquatic last night, surprised how busy it gets

56 lengths of a 50m pool?! Fuck me.

I do 20 max and I'm absolutely shot to bits. Weirdly if I do 40 in the 25m pool I'm absolutely fine.

Talking to a triathlete who said a few in their club all swim train wearing buoyancy shorts , now I know this will make you quicker in Training as replicates a wetsuit lifting your hips (and assume legs ) , but would have thought missing a trick not training to loft your legs higher in the water , unless I’m missing something

Talking to a triathlete who said a few in their club all swim train wearing buoyancy shorts , now I know this will make you quicker in Training as replicates a wetsuit lifting your hips (and assume legs ) , but would have thought missing a trick not training to loft your legs higher in the water , unless I’m missing something
How do you lift your legs higher without buoyancy?

How do you lift your legs higher without buoyancy?
More your legs really , lot of people swim (probably myself but never had anyone look) with the legs low and this creates more drag slowing you down , buoyancy shorts are like a buoy and lift everything making you go faster

I just use a pull buoy in the pool if I’m doing drills. Tbh I’ve been doing triathlons for years now and I’ve never heard of buoyancy shorts.
Off for a swim on Thursday. Follow the black line.

Been good to see the Raich Carter center baths busier these past couple of weeks. I've been going Friday evening for the family session and up until 2 weeks ago you'd be lucky to see 6 in where as past two weeks there has been 20+ in

Back