Swimming

I've got some Aqua Sphere Kayenne's, very good, great field of vision.

You can buy some anti-fog spray to help them stop steaming up, or just hockle on them!

Anyone used fins to help improve their kick? I've got some short ones and planning to try them out tonight or tomorrow. As I've never used them before I was wondering how difficult they are at first? Basically am I going to make a fool of myself? :lol:

after not being for couple month ive been 3 times in past fortnight , often wonder if I kick properly though , should it be the whole leg moving as one being powered from glutes/hips, or just from knee onwards so leg is flexed ?

went to the Uni pool in newcastle on lunch break and it was dead for once, had lane to myself so just swam hard to do a mile.

after not being for couple month ive been 3 times in past fortnight , often wonder if I kick properly though , should it be the whole leg moving as one being powered from glutes/hips, or just from knee onwards so leg is flexed ?

went to the Uni pool in newcastle on lunch break and it was dead for once, had lane to myself so just swam hard to do a mile.
Kick from the hip with a slight bend in the knee is what I was told. Fins are supposed to help correct your technique, they haven't helped me yet!

I've really struggled the couple of times I've used fins so my technique must be shite! Have you tried fly kicks with them on?
Yeah, I really struggled with the dolphin kick before, but fins have helped me crack it. And I've been able to move on to full fly. Dolphin kick with fins is great, the speed and distance you get is awesome.
I'm fine doing flutter kicks with fins on, but as soon as I take them off I revert to kicking from the knee.

Have you tried your fins with a kickboard? Might help to get the technique right.

Yeah, I really struggled with the dolphin kick before, but fins have helped me crack it. And I've been able to move on to full fly. Dolphin kick with fins is great, the speed and distance you get is awesome.
I'm fine doing flutter kicks with fins on, but as soon as I take them off I revert to kicking from the knee.

Have you tried your fins with a kickboard? Might help to get the technique right.

I've literally only stuck them on to mess about a couple of times about 15 years ago. It felt more natural doing dolphin kicks than crawl.

Contemplating a triathlon. First swim today in years. Breathing is all over the place. My general fitness is decent as I run and cycle a lot. Got some serious ours in the pool ahead of me to get this up to speed

Contemplating a triathlon. First swim today in years. Breathing is all over the place. My general fitness is decent as I run and cycle a lot. Got some serious ours in the pool ahead of me to get this up to speed
Learn to breath then it's eaay.

Back