Swimming

Canny week for me this week, decent amount by my own personal standards.

Hate going but the sense of satisfaction afterwards is always worth it.

Just recovering from a hernia op and managed 20 lengths last week then 30 today. Only going 1/week. Quite enjoyed it. 6 weeks post hernia op.

Been really busy down mine since New Year. Guess it'll be the same in gyms etc. Went last Saturday morning at 9am, it was carnage, at least 10 people per lane, people pissing about, people trying to learn to swim in lanes, groups standing at the end of lanes etc.

Which pool mate ? 25m?

Might start going back once a week from next week onwards
I live in Brum and went to uni there so just use that pool. Yeah 25m - mixture of front crawl and breastroke (when I'm tired)!
Sometimes it's a struggle to get there but once I'm in the pool I love it

Been really busy down mine since New Year. Guess it'll be the same in gyms etc. Went last Saturday morning at 9am, it was carnage, at least 10 people per lane, people pissing about, people trying to learn to swim in lanes, groups standing at the end of lanes etc.
It's the most annoying thing - last week I had a couple practising the Karma Sutra, a bloke swimming doggy paddle with one of those noodle things and an older woman who couldn't swim two lengths without stopping... and that was in the fast lane!!

Last edited:
It's the most annoying thing - last week I had a couple practising the Karma Sutra, a bloke swimming doggy paddle with one of those noodle things and an older woman who couldn't swim two lengths without stopping... and that was in the fast lane!!
I thought I'd experienced most things lane swimming, but not those yet :lol: If someone wants to find people who live in a bubble and have no awareness of other people or what's happening around them then they just have to come lane swimming.

when is the aquatic shutting ?
I took the bairns to one of the inflatable sessions while I was up after Christmas and was having a chat with one of the lifeguards. He didn't know a date yet.

I thought I'd experienced most things lane swimming, but not those yet :lol: If someone wants to find people who live in a bubble and have no awareness of other people or what's happening around them then they just have to come lane swimming.

I took the bairns to one of the inflatable sessions while I was up after Christmas and was having a chat with one of the lifeguards. He didn't know a date yet.

It's honestly bonkers! You can tell if someone is quicker than you quite early on and then it's just a game of timing when you wait and let them go past. Some people are totally oblivious even if you've gone past them 5 times...! :D

I’ve got a really good pair that lad at work recommended to me although I haven’t swam past couple month, pm me Tuesday and I check what they are as they are at work, previous pair use to steam up all the time

I’ve got a really good pair that lad at work recommended to me although I haven’t swam past couple month, pm me Tuesday and I check what they are as they are at work, previous pair use to steam up all the time

They all steam up in the end.

Can anyone recommend me a good set of swimming goggles and earplugs. Checked amazon and the selection is vast and a bit overwhelming.

I've got a pair of these: Futura Biofuse Flexiseal Schwimmbrille | Speedo Deutschland

They're comfortable and give a decent field of vision.

Back