Swimming

Off work today so went aquatic early doors half7 this morn, right farce , they only had 5 x 25m lanes open up the top end in the diving pool , rest of pool was sealed off Til 830... loads of pensioners in just chattin n pissin about , great facilities that are very badly run :evil:
Aquatic is shut thus coming weekend (gala) incase anyone was going

Off work today so went aquatic early doors half7 this morn, right farce , they only had 5 x 25m lanes open up the top end in the diving pool , rest of pool was sealed off Til 830... loads of pensioners in just chattin n pissin about , great facilities that are very badly run :evil:
Aquatic is shut thus coming weekend (gala) incase anyone was going
Just as badly run down here at Guildford. The most lanes they ever have available is 6 and that's only for one session per week for an hour. The last few weeks one of the swimming teachers has taken an extra lane leaving lane swimmers with 5. There's only 6 people doing lessons so why the fuck they need 3 lanes I don't know. Complained as the session is advertised as 6 lanes, but nee response yet. I wouldn't care but it increases the chances of getting a bellend in your lane, which is what happened. Lad doing breaststoke up and down the middle and kept pushing off just before I reached the end.

Look good quality are they decent ?

Doing the NC 500 next year plan to swim daily in the sea and lochs which will be a wee bit chilly
Used it in the sea and it was fine. Done an ironman in one, 2.4 miles and it was fine

what is the nc500?

Anyone got any tips on how to do dolphin kicks? Watched youtube videos and read up on them but still can't do them properly.
Even the tip I read that said 'just imagine you're shagging a bird' didn't help :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would you want to butterfly?! Galas?
:lol: Thought you might ask.

I've been going to a session at my local baths where they put up drills for you to do, but the coaches will also help you improve your technique. Last session there was some fly, they helped me as best they could with the kick but I've just got to practice. Still don't feel I'm 'getting it' though.

I've been going to a session at my local baths where they put up drills for you to do, but the coaches will also help you improve your technique. Last session there was some fly, they helped me as best they could with the kick but I've just got to practice. Still don't feel I'm 'getting it' though.
I do triathlons so only really do crawl. Went to the baths earlier, the kids in the club were doing dolphin kicks whilst doing back stroke ffs.

Practice it underwater, doesn't feel quite as weird when you get it wrong and your feet end up in the air.*

*I'm shit at fly so make no guarantees about the quality of this advice.

I do triathlons so only really do crawl. Went to the baths earlier, the kids in the club were doing dolphin kicks whilst doing back stroke ffs.

I've definitely been made to do that in the past. Arms together as well. I can only imagine I looked like I was having some sort of fit.

Practice it underwater, doesn't feel quite as weird when you get it wrong and your feet end up in the air.*

*I'm shit at fly so make no guarantees about the quality of this advice.

I've definitely been made to do that in the past. Arms together as well. I can only imagine I looked like I was having some sort of fit.
I've been told to do back stroke by a coach before but never butterfly. Mind, it's a triathlon club not swimming.

Back