Swimming

Is that for a 50 minute session? It is at Riach Carter and Silkworth. Expensive game, especially for a big family. Pre covid you could stop in for as long as you want. Can't see it ever going back that way now
The booking systems are still in place, but aren't really enforced. If anything it's better if you're taking the kids because it limits numbers. Mind trying to get a lane swim on a weekend is almost impossible these days.

Juts getting back into it after a lay off, mind I have never been one for the long distances, generally start off with 500 meters and then do 100's and 200's a bit quicker.

I have got a watch to log the lengths etc otherwise I will lose count and it stops me being a lazy kernt. Today I went and did 600 first off and i thought i had swam quicker than I did earlier in the week yet my average pace was 2 seconds slower per 100. I guess it is just how you feel, main thing is that you are paggered when you get out as you know you have put yourself through it a bit.

I noticed at washy the times are 50 mins so wonder if they do the same there.
Maybe it's too busy at the aquatic for them to do that
Been once mate (washy) as moved where I work so tried it one lunchtime , they don’t kick you out but pool was very busy , not ideal . Puma would be handy for me but it’s waste time always way too busy . Aquatic is mostly spot on whenever been

Been once mate (washy) as moved where I work so tried it one lunchtime , they don’t kick you out but pool was very busy , not ideal . Puma would be handy for me but it’s waste time always way too busy . Aquatic is mostly spot on whenever been
Aye, been taking the bairn to washy, in the small pool and they defo clear that one out once the 50mins is up. I prefer the aquatic for when I go for a swim

How many calories do people burn swimming ? I’ve always been active cycling and walking mainly but have nakkered my ankle so have decided to try and get into swimming , did 40 minutes earlier and my Apple Watch is telling me I burned 500 calories , is that like accurate ? Just seems a lot as I would have to walk about 5 miles to burn that amount of calories .

How many calories do people burn swimming ? I’ve always been active cycling and walking mainly but have nakkered my ankle so have decided to try and get into swimming , did 40 minutes earlier and my Apple Watch is telling me I burned 500 calories , is that like accurate ? Just seems a lot as I would have to walk about 5 miles to burn that amount of calories .
Not sure on the calories burned, but would say swimming takes more effort than walking.
its great exercise and kind too ur joints.
I been doing 1 mile 3 times a week takes me around a 35 min front crawl steady pace and i am able to pretty much eat n drink what i like without weight gain.
Pool was pretty busy today so i tried just treading water for around 30 mins felt good and took a fair bit effort 👍

Last edited:
Sounds right to me , it won’t burn off as much as cycling and def not as much as running .
But if you’re swimming couple times a week it will keep you reasonably fit and no impact joints which helps when older.
When watch olympics all the top swimmers men and women have great physiques while the runners doing high miles often look ill as it strips their physiques .
Downside of swimming is can be boring , chew on getting there, can’t crack on . Get yourself in sea to mix it up , while warm

Treading water for 35 mins, jeez, that takes some concentration, bad enough swimming!
Not too bad really just relax get ur breathing sorted away u go
was doing a 1 minute just legs then 1 min just arms which was hard , them used both for a rest minute, will defo do it again especially when pool is full as hate having to weave in and out of the doggy paddlers
Felt like a decent workout 👍

BBC news at6 (iPlayer ), 15-20 mins in , reports on sewage going into roker sea next to Grammies Annie’s and those Pod coffee shops
🤢🤢🤢

Back