Swimming with dolphins

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've done it but not overtly fond of the practice.

didn't seem anything special. Certainly wouldn't do it in Mexico. some of the pools are way way too small

I've done the doing tricks with captive dolphins type and the being chucked off the back of a boat into a pod of wild dolphins type. Would do the second again but in hindsight the first isn't ok.

I'd like to do it but as I've got older I'm more and more against the harsh treatment of animals. It was on my bucket list but don't think I could do it now. I walked out of a tiger 'sanctuary' in Thailand. The fuckers had them drugged up to the eyeballs to make more money from tourist photos.

I've done the doing tricks with captive dolphins type and the being chucked off the back of a boat into a pod of wild dolphins type. Would do the second again but in hindsight the first isn't ok.
Aye this. I've never done the pool thing and wouldn't and my kids won't either.

But have got in the sea with them before. Though never got to get a ride. Or tug one off for that matter.

I'd like to do it but as I've got older I'm more and more against the harsh treatment of animals. It was on my bucket list but don't think I could do it now. I walked out of a tiger 'sanctuary' in Thailand. The fuckers had them drugged up to the eyeballs to make more money from tourist photos.
Yes. Hate seeing photos of people at that place. Totally wrong to encourage that kind of tourism.

In places like seaworld and discovery cove i see it as a sacrifice like the orcas. Yeah its not ideal but they are well looked after and healthy and people are not gonna just fork over hundreds and hundreds of dollars for a charity with nothing back and without seaworld there would probably be no manatees and a tonne of money is pumped into field research. So a few example of the species are used to raise money to help the rest. I dont think you can really complain about its unless you have donated the equivalent amount of cash without going.

Some of the little backwater places though are shite and I dont know why anyone would want to go there.

In places like seaworld and discovery cove i see it as a sacrifice like the orcas. Yeah its not ideal but they are well looked after and healthy and people are not gonna just fork over hundreds and hundreds of dollars for a charity with nothing back and without seaworld there would probably be no manatees and a tonne of money is pumped into field research. So a few example of the species are used to raise money to help the rest. I dont think you can really complain about its unless you have donated the equivalent amount of cash without going.

Some of the little backwater places though are shite and I dont know why anyone would want to go there.

Rubbish.

Okay well at least coming up with an alternative way to raise millions in grants for researchers and running a animal rescue charity. It is a piece of piss to sit and complain about how bad something is linking to a few internet articles.

Animal Rescue sanctuaries are utterly pointless IMHO. So are researchers really. We know why animals are fucked over in the wild.

This, what is so special about dolphins that people feel the need to get their photo took getting a kiss off one? :lol:
They are always smiling.

Not sure about dolphins, but orcas in captivity definitely aren't well looked after and healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back