Swearing at the match

I dont think anyone cares anymore tbh... part of the whole “couldnt give a f••• i’ll do what I want” attitude held by a lot of people in society now.

Maybe the solution is to start using alternatives like SWIVE (swive off, swiving hell etc) - old english equivalent of (F**K off, F**king hell)
or alternatively just ignore and eventually it will lose it's significance.Then non of us will give a swive (F**k).;):)

Don't have a season card at present, when I do get to a home game I buy for the same area of the ground so move around within the same couple of blocks depending on what tickets are available. I do swear but at the same time, whilst I may not always succeed, I do try and tone it down a bit if I notice really young children in the row head or behind.

Don't have a season card at present, when I do get to a home game I buy for the same area of the ground so move around within the same couple of blocks depending on what tickets are available. I do swear but at the same time, whilst I may not always succeed, I do try and tone it down a bit if I notice really young children in the row head or behind.
good stuff

Maybe the solution is to start using alternatives like SWIVE (swive off, swiving hell etc) - old english equivalent of (F**K off, F**king hell)
or alternatively just ignore and eventually it will lose it's significance.Then non of us will give a swive (F**k).;):)
Swive is a great word. I first saw it used in a poem by Craig Raine (High Table, I think) that included the phrase "swives the wives". I think it deserves res-erection!

I tend to look around me to see if there are any younguns within earshot. Then I will quickly study them to see if they are working class urchins or lovely innocent middle class little darlings. If the latter then I will politely clap and shout nice things.

I don't think we're talking about general singing and swearing here...that's all well and good and absolutely adds to the atmosphere. It's lads who prattle on the whole game f-ing and c-ing before they toddle off early to get the beers in.
Ah righto, but you'll get all kinds at a match so that breed is pretty unavoidable. Totally get you though, I'm no fan of beer swilling cave dwellers meself.

If anything a swear more at the match. Gan there with me mates to get pissed and let off some steam at them useless bastards on the pitch. Swearing was part and parcel when I was young at the match just got told not to repeat it in front of me Ma when a got back.

Haway the f***ing swearing for fuck sake.
If anything a swear more at the match. Gan there with me mates to get pissed and let off some steam at them useless bastards on the pitch. Swearing was part and parcel when I was young at the match just got told not to repeat it in front of me Ma when a got back.

The, used to love it when I was a bairn in The Fulwell End listening to all the blokes going their ends :lol:, was always reminded by my dad never to repeat it afterwards and I never did.

Last edited:
I know alot of people do it (myself included on occassion) however..... do you curb your language in respect to those around you or carry on regardless?

We take our 2 young daughters to the match and the people who sit behind us can't say a full sentance without the F word being present every other word, plus the odd C word thrown in for good measure too too.

What are your thoughts?
We all in general swear.
But not around women and children and the elderly .

I'll never understand anyone swearing on purpose in front of kids like
Vile antics. I’ve had a go at people a few times but given they didn’t give a shit about doing it in the first place, more often than not the response you will get wont be an apology, it’ll be to throw petrol onto the fire and get even more verbals “AL FUCKAN SWEAR IF A FUCKIN WANT HEW” etc.
Cretins man.

Back