Swearing at the match

Haven't read the whole thing so possibly seb. This is one of the reasons Clough was regarded as an arrogant prick in the days when forest struggled to get 30000 after two European cups. He tried to stop fans swearing at their games.

Worst/only case ive had was a fat 60 year old heffer who was actually on her final warning when I grassed her up.
Love a good vent at the match but with my bairn about 7 she totally crossed the line.
There are a few ladies near me, and there favourite is the c word, with added venom when shouting it at the refs. Quite entertaining really, even I blush sometimes though!

Switched to the north stand for a second half with the bairn last year, next to two little owld gannies, the away side were slow getting back out n one screamed “haway im f***ing out tonight man”:lol:

Last edited:
Swearing at football has been part of it since the start man

All seater grounds make it more noticable back in the RP days I'd be nowhere near families or boring old farts

Generally speaking society is a bit broken, people walking in the street will happily drop the F or C bomb infront of kids let alone trying to avoid it at a match. Proper scratter antics those who use bad swear words infront of their own kids too. It shocks me how many kids I see in identifiable school uniform doing it too, in my day if anyone swore in their uniform and it got back to the school you’d be in serious shite.

no one seems to give a shit anymore. If they want to use expletives they will.

And i write this as someone who in the appropriate setting will happily drop the C Bomb all day long.
If I want to call someone a cunt at the match, I’ll call them a cunt.

Not my fault you can’t find a sitter for your offspring.
Bet ye soft as shite really

Last edited:
I swear at the match but I tend to be aware of my surroundings, even after a skinful. I sit in the SS usually and can get quite headed sometimes however last season against the Newcastle U21s I decided to sit near me dar and grandparents in the east stand. I can’t remember what happened exactly but I remember jumping to me feet in a little bit of a rage but as a looked around and saw a few kids around me as well as being close to me grandparents, I bit my tongue.

Personal choice, Sunderland make you swear, lets not forget that, I take my son 11, I dont take him in the family enclosure as i want him to enjoy the proper atmosphere, if people want to swear around us, crack on, its part of football, my son finds it more amusing than anything, smirking when he hears someone swear, I do not swear when I am with him but if I was not with him, I would be swearing my head off and I have to bite my lip loads.

Haven't read the whole thing so possibly seb. This is one of the reasons Clough was regarded as an arrogant prick in the days when forest struggled to get 30000 after two European cups. He tried to stop fans swearing at their games.

Aye bet there hating him for the success he brought them!!!
If I want to call someone a cunt at the match, I’ll call them a cunt.

Not my fault you can’t find a sitter for your offspring.

There don't want to find a sitter they want to take their offspring to the match!

Last edited:
Aye we sit in the family enclosure with our 6 year old and its just as bad as anywhere else in the stadium really. He's oblivious most of the time and we always tell him not to repeat anything bad he hears

Back