Swearing at the match

I know alot of people do it (myself included on occassion) however..... do you curb your language in respect to those around you or carry on regardless?

We take our 2 young daughters to the match and the people who sit behind us can't say a full sentance without the F word being present every other word, plus the odd C word thrown in for good measure too too.

What are your thoughts?

I know alot of people do it (myself included on occassion) however..... do you curb your language in respect to those around you or carry on regardless?

We take our 2 young daughters to the match and the people who sit behind us can't say a full sentance without the F word being present every other word, plus the odd C word thrown in for good measure too too.

What are your thoughts?

Swearing will always happen . Family enclosure your best option

What are your thoughts?
It’s very hard in this day and age to prevent kids from getting the full profanisaurus at a match

sad in some ways but that’s how things are going.

What are your thoughts?
I'm always mindful of those around me at the match, especially women and young kids, so while I'm usually vocal, I don't swear at the game.

What are your thoughts?
I take my grandson, nowt you can do, some people think it's acceptable, I Don't.

What are your thoughts?
3 lads behind me only know the words fuck,f***ing,shit,shite,cunting and **** the standard ones like pint,piss and going. The people in front of us are more sensible like as they have noticed my child in tow

however that’s life and I try to tell the bairn it’s only here you hear it and dont f***ing repeat it or I’ll rip your f***ing head off dickhead!

Last edited:
Not too much of a problem once they are at an age where they understand right from wrong. My youngest lad is now 10. For the last few seasons he has told people off for swearing. And me? 'Oh dad' when it slips out my mouth :D

I went to Getafe v Valencia game yesterday, great game but, loads of people smoking, right in front of stewards and plod, am assuming it's allowed at La Liga games, is it?

I have the same problem, I did not sit in my usual seat yesterday (middle of east stand) as I took my eldest daughter and there is 5 or 6 around me who swear regularly. It’s worse with the refs being so bad. It’s a passionate game and we are all Sunderland daft but I sometimes compare it to road rage. SAFC like bad driving always seems to make everyone ‘quick to temper’. I tried the family enclosure but they swear there too.

What are your thoughts?
Are you in the family enclosure?

Swearing will always happen . Family enclosure your best option
Ah! The family enclosure.... thats another story!!! We have been moved from there as were sitting next to (literally) the "singing section".... who all stood up, blocking our view, and with swearing worse than it is where we sit now! 🤦‍♀️

Back