Suspected Tricep Tendon Tear.

DufraisFTM

Striker
Been told off the doctor I’ve got a possible tricep tendon tear and to rest it for 4 weeks before returning. If it’s still bothering me after 4 weeks he’s going to refer me to the muscular/skeletal department. I’m 2 weeks into my rest and I know already it’s not going to be any better.

If and when I am referred I’ve no idea what the treatment will be but it’s obviously going to involve lots more resting.

Shoulder press, chest press and and any tricep exercises are a no no so is there any point In substituting in any shoulder/chest accessory moves such as flyes and raises etc?

I’m making some good progress at the minute and was intending to continue with a calorie surplus until the end of the year so for this to happen now is very frustrating.

It's only two weeks,

Logon or register to see this image

why risk it?
There is no risk really. The accessories aren’t pushing motions therefore don’t use the tricep. There is no discomfort when I do them.

Maybe I wasn’t clear enough. What would be the negatives of only doing accessory moves for a period of time? What kind of muscle gain can you expect from accessory lifts? I envisage being told to rest for a while longer yet.

You wouldn’t ordinarily go into the gym and deliberately avoid chest press and shoulder press but do accessories.

There is no risk really. The accessories aren’t pushing motions therefore don’t use the tricep. There is no discomfort when I do them.

Maybe I wasn’t clear enough. What would be the negatives of only doing accessory moves for a period of time? What kind of muscle gain can you expect from accessory lifts? I envisage being told to rest for a while longer yet.

You wouldn’t ordinarily go into the gym and deliberately avoid chest press and shoulder press but do accessories.
If they don't hurt then carry on doing them and keep your routine as best you can with exercises that you can do.

The negatives would be on there own they aren't as good as compound lifts bit since you can't do them anyway then there isn't any negatives.

Back