Survivors of conspiracy theories

Most conspiracy theories just don't hold any water when you apply a basic level of critical thinking.

I don't think people believe the shit they spout for the most part.

their logic is that if you can't comprehensibly refute their wacky idea, then that itself is proof that the idea is true.

like people saying 'how do you know the earth is round, have you been to space and seen it? no? then it must be flat'

their logic is that if you can't comprehensibly refute their wacky idea, then that itself is proof that the idea is true.

like people saying 'how do you know the earth is round, have you been to space and seen it? no? then it must be flat'
For some of them its far more insidious than that; if you can refute their cockamaime theory with scientific fact they will tell you that you are a sheeple who has been duped and the scientific facts are, themselves, lies spread as part of the conspiracy.

This is why the conspiracy addicts on this board need to be called out. It's f***ing despicable what people go through as a result of their shit
Exactly but it depends what it is for example I don't think me mentioning extra terrestrials or parm blabbering on about flat earth is going to harm anyone. The mods generally do a good job of stopping inflammatory untrue posts that cause shit for other people.

That and a desire to think themselves the smartest person in the room due to some deep seated inadequacy.

“Haha, I’m the only one here clever enough to know that the Earth is flat. This more than makes up for my tiny cock.”
Any body who calls other people sheeple, confirms that they are cretins and not worth talking to.. They go on my blocked list here, not worth my time

That massively disturbing. I only read the first 2 due, but that's not right surely. The internet is a brilliant thing but I've long held the view that you should have to prove you are responsible enough to use it. I have no idea how you would even begin to implement that though.

You can have kids without a test of competence so why the internet ?

Operation Northwoods was a proposed, and almost implemented, false flag operation against the Cuban government that originated within the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and the Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) of the United States governmentin 1962. The proposals called for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) or other U.S. government operatives to commit acts of terrorism against American civilians and military targets, blaming them on the Cuban government, and using it to justify a war against Cuba. The plans detailed in the document included the possible assassination of Cuban émigrés, sinking boats of Cuban refugees on the high seas, hijacking planes, blowing up a U.S. ship, and orchestrating violent terrorism in U.S. cities.[2] The proposals were rejected by John F. Kennedy.[3][4][5]

Whilst I agree in general that most conspiracy theories are a load of tosh, I always try at least to look at these situations from multiple angles if possible to try to determine if there could be some truth to an opposing thought or view, and sometimes to try to figure out why someone would be subscribing to it. Is there something in it for them to gain? Could it be due to their background or influences.

A healthy scepticism isn’t necessarily a bad thing providing you can rationally absorb and interpret data inputs from multiple sources.

Knee jerks are part & parcel of human nature, as is the intransigence to change one’s mind once an opinion has been formed.

The individual cases were horrible to read but I do not agree with the premise of the article nor that 4chan or conspiracies are owned primarily by the alt-right.

The only conspiracy theory I subscribe to dates pre-internet.

JFK Shooting - Oswald in no way acted alone IMO
I would be very surprised if Oswald wasn't egged on or manipulated in some way my someone. Probably a commie rather than CIA.

Don't buy into the second gunman on the grassy knoll.

I can see possibility in the accidental friendly fire theory.

I think there was some research to show they were of lower intelligence.
I've read that somewhere too.

Last edited:

Back