Survey on your trip to Spotland

Done the survey, but didn't see an obvious place to mention the brilliant choice of music on the PA pre-match. Noticed it last season as well, not sure what the history is but it you need to keep that going.

See post above yours. I missed out the very Manc accented DJ reading out half time scores...... people from Rochdale don't pronounce Carrlyell like Bez;):) He must be from down the road.

Been twice now, one of my favourite aways from last season and enjoyed last night too.

I'll echo the others that £27 for a league 1 game takes the piss when you consider that it was only £22 less than 5 months previously and the beer had gone up too.

See post above yours. I missed out the very Manc accented DJ reading out half time scores...... people from Rochdale don't pronounce Carrlyell like Bez;):) He must be from down the road.

Thought the set list was shite last night compared to last season's blinding tunes - Flowers Up's - "Shall We Take A Trip?" the only one to get my foot taping.

Also disappointed The Cemetery Pub didn't do its meal deal like last season.
Thought the set list was shite last night compared to last season's blinding tunes - Flowers Up's - "Shall We Take A Trip?" the only one to get my foot taping.

Flowered Up.....autocorrect:D

Last edited by a moderator:

I love Saturn 5... reminds me of drunken nights in Ku Club

I love Saturn 5... reminds me of drunken nights in Ku Club

Missed that one being played, Inspiral Carpets were a great live band.

Surprised he didn't play the Milltown Brothers, seeing as they were a local band from just up the road in Burnley.

Northside Kent lad....

Northside Kent lad....

Guilty as charged:oops:.......got that one wrong.

Still a good tune though.

Flowered Up were that band who had a 15min or so tune about a weekend trip or something wern't they?

The only issue i could raise is the parking, while parking in the streets was fine, asked a few Rochdale and they mentioned a school that is used, on getting there it was closed up, quite a few people having to do u-turns to get back to park nearer the ground.

Morning folks,

Hope you enjoyed your trip to Spotland last night. Personally, I'd have preferred it if you'd enjoyed it that little bit less but these things happen

As a follow up to our Away Fans Guide, we survey away fans after the game about their trip and use that feedback to speak to the club about issues that have arisen, ways to improve things for away supporters, and ways to improve our away fans guide. Survey Monkey says that it takes less than a couple of minutes to do and that feedback is invaluable to us.

Thanks in advance

Away Fans Survey - Sunderland 20/08/19
Thanks for ripping us off to get in. (Blackpool fans being charged £22 on Saturday ).

Also the drinks in the Radcliffe were a price and a half.

The only issue i could raise is the parking, while parking in the streets was fine, asked a few Rochdale and they mentioned a school that is used, on getting there it was closed up, quite a few people having to do u-turns to get back to park nearer the ground.

Possibly due to the match taking place during the school holidays.

That’s them, Weekender

Fairly sure Northside was played as a tribute, as one of the members passed away yesterday.

Changing the subject completely....you're a Lincoln lad - any info on our trip there in October....tkt allocation, recommended pubs for pre-match drinking etc.

Changing the subject completely....you're a Lincoln lad - any info on our trip there in October....tkt allocation, recommended pubs for pre-match drinking etc.
Don’t live there anymore but allocation depends on if we get all behind the goal or not 1800 if we get it all, 1000 if not. They try to get all away fans to the Square Sail a Spoons a good trek from the ground. Not too many pubs near the ground now and most are home fans only. But you should be ok to get in the Golden Eagle at the bottom of the High St though, it’s in the good beer guide and full of real ales.

Don’t live there anymore but allocation depends on if we get all behind the goal or not 1800 if we get it all, 1000 if not. They try to get all away fans to the Square Sail a Spoons a good trek from the ground. Not too many pubs near the ground now and most are home fans only. But you should be ok to get in the Golden Eagle at the bottom of the High St though, it’s in the good beer guide and full of real ales.
Yes the Golden Eagle has the widest choice

I would think Lincoln probably have a fair number of STH’s so would be surprised if we got the whole end

Last edited:

Nice one. Cheers👍

Can't wait for this one.....will sell-out pronto this one.

Morning folks,

Hope you enjoyed your trip to Spotland last night. Personally, I'd have preferred it if you'd enjoyed it that little bit less but these things happen

As a follow up to our Away Fans Guide, we survey away fans after the game about their trip and use that feedback to speak to the club about issues that have arisen, ways to improve things for away supporters, and ways to improve our away fans guide. Survey Monkey says that it takes less than a couple of minutes to do and that feedback is invaluable to us.

Thanks in advance

Away Fans Survey - Sunderland 20/08/19
Done.

To be fair we used sat nav to find the school and the gate was closed but we drove back and round to the other side and it seemed to be open. We parked outside the gates like but it looked like it was open

After last season the Dale have a good rep on here and rightly so. Listened to the match on the radio and it sounded like a very good and friendly atmosphere, a typically tough game with no diving or shit-housing on display and of course, the music was phenomenal.
Funny I saw Camps and their young right back both dive and cheat. Camps was even laughing about it to SAFC fans behind refs back.

Back