Surprising capacity stadiums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay

Midfield
Syrian national team, In Aleppo, Holds 75k would you Adam and Eve it!

North Korea national team, Pyongyang...150k venue holder!!! :-O Largest stadium in the world :cool:

Luzhniki stadium, Russia - Moscow 81k BOOM
:eek:

Ataturk, Instanbul - Turkey, 79 big ones :)

Syrian national team, In Aleppo, Holds 75k would you Adam and Eve it!

North Korea national team, Pyongyang...150k venue holder!!! :-O Largest stadium in the world :cool:

Luzhniki stadium, Russia - Moscow 81k BOOM
:eek:

Ataturk, Instanbul - Turkey, 79 big ones :)
Bet you were comparing sizes,dirty mag.
All bigger than the landfill.

The old Valley stadium at Charlton. I could never get over its capacity as a bairn - over 80,000 capacity for a team that never did much. Finally got to go there after it was chopped but the old terracing that you scrambled over to get to the new stand was absolutely wass. Must have been some boy in its prime - if it ever got full.

The old Valley stadium at Charlton. I could never get over its capacity as a bairn - over 80,000 capacity for a team that never did much. Finally got to go there after it was chopped but the old terracing that you scrambled over to get to the new stand was absolutely wass. Must have been some boy in its prime - if it ever got full.
Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image

I often crave a bullet to the head at the Sol.

It's quicker than the death by 1000 cuts we've had this season.

Odsal in Bradford had 80k I think for rugger league.

Port vale ground is a natural bowl and was once touted as a potential wemberlee of the norf.

Odsal had over 100,000 one year for the Challenge Cup Final.

The section on Port Vale in Simon Inglis's book Football Grounds of England & Wales from the 80s has an artists impression of what it was gonna look like. I remember going to Vale Park before it was redeveloped and thinking what it could have looked like.

The funny little directors box they had over the players tunnel was meant to be their version of the Royal Box.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back