Surely its the end of STID?

I suspect the upcoming series will be a bit of bore fest, things seemed to be going ok on the pitch and i'd imagine that will reflected off the pitch and that is not something the neutral wants to see.

Had we been promoted there would maybe be the element of people being interested in seeing how the team do in the division above but the fact that we are back off to square one will not really keep neutrals interested. I expect a third series would only appeal to safc fans, a few obsessed mags and league one fans hoping to see their team on tv.

If Netflix commission a third series they must be mad. I for one will be happy to see the back of safc documentaries for the time being considering in the 3 seasons we've been relegated twice and beaten in the playoff final, just stick to the end of season dvds from now on please.

It's very popular, if you don't like it then simply don't watch it. No one forces you to.

Has S2 been confirmed yet?

Yes. I imagine it'll be released around December again.

Has S2 been confirmed yet?
Yes.

Confirmed they are making it anyway. Don't think confirmed it will be on Netflix

I suspect the upcoming series will be a bit of bore fest, things seemed to be going ok on the pitch and i'd imagine that will reflected off the pitch and that is not something the neutral wants to see.

Had we been promoted there would maybe be the element of people being interested in seeing how the team do in the division above but the fact that we are back off to square one will not really keep neutrals interested. I expect a third series would only appeal to safc fans, a few obsessed mags and league one fans hoping to see their team on tv.

If Netflix commission a third series they must be mad. I for one will be happy to see the back of safc documentaries for the time being considering in the 3 seasons we've been relegated twice and beaten in the playoff final, just stick to the end of season dvds from now on please.
My understanding is netflix never commissioned it at all. Fulwell 73 made it and then sold it.

It's probably very cheap to make in the grand scheme of things. No actors to pay, not even a narrator.

Last edited:
What if we absolutely blitz our way to the title after the heartache of last season (just like after the last playoff defeat to Charlton)? Will people not be interested then?

If we do will SD stride onto the pitch like Russell Crowe and ask the crowd if they are not entertained. Or maybe shout the question into the camera at the Netflix viewers

Fulwell 73 basically confirmed season 2 with a tweet that said "We're not done yet" after we lost the play offs.

With season 1 being viewed in over 60 millon homes, I could see the appeal of a trilogy. They're probably hoping for a happy ending and i think they'll stop at season 3.

Great exposure for club, I'm actually looking forward to the next series as the furher heartbreak (despite the backing of fans) will only endear us further to naturals around the globe.

As for mags taking the piss, clearly just bitter of the positive exposure of SAFC (just like they hate anything positive about Sunderland) the weird c***s

What if we absolutely blitz our way to the title after the heartache of last season (just like after the last playoff defeat to Charlton)? Will people not be interested then?

called 'jumping the shark' iirc

Last season will be an interesting watch because of the turn around off the field and our promotion fight/ missing out on promotion. End of the day there’s still not many football documentary’s so people will watch.

Can’t see them doing a third season about the coming season, but they might wait till we’re promoted and do a championship one or even wait till we’re back in the premier league.

They'll carry on til you have a boring season. Cant see that for a few years, for better or worse...

The last time we had one of those, Steve Bruce was the manager ("we finished tenth, y'knaa"). Storm League 1 this year (sorry, but we really are a fish out of water in this division), and if we came mid-table Championship next season getting the squad in shape for a promotion push year after next, it would make a change. Although going into the last six games of a season not shitting ourselves one way or another is going to feel very strange.

Surely its the end of STID? reads the post title

I'm so sorry to interject, but when I first read this Thread title, I took it to be the discovery of universal cure for Sexually Transmitted Infectious Diseases and never gave the NETFLIX series 2 a second thought. Isn't strange how an old codgers mind works??

The ending could be that a couple of the people who are producing the program (Fulwell 73) got hooked and decided to take a major stake in the club. 2 cousins with strong links to the city.....

Theres definitely scope for another season. People are interested in the team now and seeing all the heartbreak and then the extra heartbreak with 6 seconds to go or whatever it was will have people interested to see if we finally make it.

What will kill it off tho is if we have a shit season and we don't go up. We need to give the viewers something to show we are pushing for "end game". They won't continually watch us fannying about in the same division, that would kill it dead.

Back