Surely its the end of STID?

jimb

Winger
I suspect the upcoming series will be a bit of bore fest, things seemed to be going ok on the pitch and i'd imagine that will reflected off the pitch and that is not something the neutral wants to see.

Had we been promoted there would maybe be the element of people being interested in seeing how the team do in the division above but the fact that we are back off to square one will not really keep neutrals interested. I expect a third series would only appeal to safc fans, a few obsessed mags and league one fans hoping to see their team on tv.

If Netflix commission a third series they must be mad. I for one will be happy to see the back of safc documentaries for the time being considering in the 3 seasons we've been relegated twice and beaten in the playoff final, just stick to the end of season dvds from now on please.

I suspect the upcoming series will be a bit of bore fest, things seemed to be going ok on the pitch and i'd imagine that will reflected off the pitch and that is not something the neutral wants to see.

Had we been promoted there would maybe be the element of people being interested in seeing how the team do in the division above but the fact that we are back off to square one will not really keep neutrals interested. I expect a third series would only appeal to safc fans, a few obsessed mags and league one fans hoping to see their team on tv.

If Netflix commission a third series they must be mad. I for one will be happy to see the back of safc documentaries for the time being considering in the 3 seasons we've been relegated twice and beaten in the playoff final, just stick to the end of season dvds from now on please.

Not sure they’ll care about what we think but if we’re getting, say over 50million viewers of Season 1, I would expect a couple more series in the pipeline yet. The drama of season 2 will likely guarantee a third series

What if we absolutely blitz our way to the title after the heartache of last season (just like after the last playoff defeat to Charlton)? Will people not be interested then?

Sunderland fans definitely, the neutral fan will always prefer to see things going wrong imo.

I've got a friend who is a Newcastle fan. He's decent though.

Anyway he's been watching it and was almost in tears himself. :lol:

Fulwell 73 basically confirmed season 2 with a tweet that said "We're not done yet" after we lost the play offs.

With season 1 being viewed in over 60 millon homes, I could see the appeal of a trilogy. They're probably hoping for a happy ending and i think they'll stop at season 3.

Series 3 could be canny,

A few scenarios, Ross proves the doubters wrong and we storm the league.

Ross gets sacked and a new manager clinches promotion right at the death.

Or, it could be total shite.

Ross plays out another 20 1–1 draws, the managers fail to sack him and we finish mid table.

Fulwell 73 basically confirmed season 2 with a tweet that said "We're not done yet" after we lost the play offs.

With season 1 being viewed in over 60 millon homes, I could see the appeal of a trilogy. They're probably hoping for a happy ending and i think they'll stop at season 3.
They'll carry on til you have a boring season. Cant see that for a few years, for better or worse...

:lol:

Steady on. I think you've read the PR wrong.

:lol:

Steady on. I think you've read the PR wrong.

I think the video trying to sell the naming rights it had that STID was apparently shown in 60 million homes. About 139 million people are subscribers to Netflix. I could of misinterpreted it like

Last edited:

Back