Support tonight

Quite right mate, I'll sing whatever is going and there are loads like me.

I'll even sing 'my garden shed' which is shite ...

... if people don't like it they can start something they do like.

But of course they don't, they just moan.

I don’t mind the odd Garden Shed, particularly at pretentious clubs eg Chelsea & Leeds ( used to be more mind like West Millwall Utd, Spuds etc)

Ah fair enough, I did wonder if I was missing something! Thought it was bloody weird to just bring out the Danny Collins chant in a random away game at Rochdale, makes sense if he was there. The Wallsend thing is just ripping the piss out of that mag who was interviewed about Bruce, thought the chant might be short lived but seems it's here to stay!
I got a photo with him me.

Absolutely fantastic tonight in terms of numbers and vocal encouragement for the team.

Even after Rochdale scored you could see the players respond to the backing... never popular to say so on here, but vital we consciously make the same effort at home.

These players may lack certain qualities but make up for that in commitment. Wyke in partucular grows in stature when given the backing from supporters.
Yeah, the fans were brilliant, as always, last night.
Plus, the iFollow mics were picking up our lad's shouting "fukken hell man" and such like all night, which always makes me chuckle.

Absolutely fantastic tonight in terms of numbers and vocal encouragement for the team.

Even after Rochdale scored you could see the players respond to the backing... never popular to say so on here, but vital we consciously make the same effort at home.

These players may lack certain qualities but make up for that in commitment. Wyke in partucular grows in stature when given the backing from supporters.
Excelent support yet again. If there is a Football God....

Great vocal support last night.. Just imagine 30,000 plus at home games putting that kind of effort in backing the lads.. It would be like having an extra two players..

On a side note they were two soap dodgers who had great fun abusing the lassie linesman with comments straight outta 1971.
Thought she was canny and not the worst we have had any a long stretch

The fella f***ing stank looked like Gonzo, me and me owld man had to move seats.

Aye I was about 4 rows in front of him, it was embarrassing the way he kept going on about her. Considering she had a pretty average game, nowt to get too upset about.

It was great in the crowd tonight - we were in fine voice. If you can’t get motivated to play for fans like us then give up the game!

The players were lifted by it imo. They needed us against a very good Rochdale team I thought. I have only watched them once and could see an identity and what they were trying to do. They have a number of very good players. If they were more clinical it might have been a different story.

But they weren’t and it wasn’t ’t :cool: GTFI!!

The depth's that SAFC and fans mentality has fallen is truly staggering...... Rochdale, Rochdale fffs @ the Estadio della El Spotland
Well done to those who went and the support given unlike the moaning bedwetters who peddle shite on here. Still unbeaten and people aren't happy ffs.

It's an absolute pishh-pot league man, playing tiny teams with tiny support in tiny grounds. If they were wining 5 - 0 every week it absolutely NOWT to crow about, it's f***ing embarrassing the state of SAFC and the standard of football and players they have. Truly appalling.
100% was me marra. Was fuming being outplayed by the mighty Rochdale

when I shouted that mate it was 0-0 but I get your point. The fact we are even in this league is a f***ing embarrassment to me. Just hope the manager adds quality to this squad before this window shuts otherwise I cannot see us challenging for a top 2 spot

Bang. On. The. Money.

Last edited:
The depth's that SAFC and fans mentality has fallen is truly staggering...... Rochdale, Rochdale fffs @ the Estadio della El Spotland

It's an absolute pishh-pot league man, playing tiny teams with tiny support in tiny grounds. If they were wining 5 - 0 every week it absolutely NOWT to crow about, it's f***ing embarrassing the state of SAFC and the standard of football and players they have. Truly appalling.

Bang. On. The. Money.

You seem to be ruminating on the fact that we are in league one and shouldn't be. It is a sad indictment that we have ended up in the position we are in but no amount of insisting that we should be winning 5 0 every week (and even then not shouting about it) will change the reality. Not being happy about it doesn't mean you can't enjoy a game and appreciate good football at the level we are at. If you can't do this then hide behind the sofa until we are back in the Premier League.

I prefer to make the best of it - whilst of course hoping/expecting/insisting we get out of this league - and appreciate the joy of watching football and especially SAFC for its own sake - as tortuous as it is. It doesn't mean I don't get angry and frustrated about our situation - of course I do - we all do. But I am still able to enjoy going to the match with my lad, singing our hearts out and celebrating a win, even against 'Rochdale FFS'. This is precious to me - my dad died young - and means the same whatever league we are in.

Oh and just because it is 'Rochdale FFS' doesn't mean they can't be a decent side at this level. Bit disrespectful that.

Back