Support tonight

Aye it was actually annoying me a bit that some seemed perfectly happy at 1-1 when we were playing absolutely shite. Maybe I just need to lighten up but a few around me started singing about bloody Danny Collins when we were level and it just seemed pointless
What's the crack with the wallsend bit? I must've missed something that's gone on.
Danny collins was in the crowd last night.

What's the crack with the wallsend bit? I must've missed something that's gone on.
Danny collins was in the crowd last night.

Ah fair enough, I did wonder if I was missing something! Thought it was bloody weird to just bring out the Danny Collins chant in a random away game at Rochdale, makes sense if he was there. The Wallsend thing is just ripping the piss out of that mag who was interviewed about Bruce, thought the chant might be short lived but seems it's here to stay!

Ah fair enough, I did wonder if I was missing something! Thought it was bloody weird to just bring out the Danny Collins chant in a random away game at Rochdale, makes sense if he was there. The Wallsend thing is just ripping the piss out of that mag who was interviewed about Bruce, thought the chant might be short lived but seems it's here to stay!
I had a feeling it would've been one of them making a clown out of himself :) cheers

Absolutely fantastic tonight in terms of numbers and vocal encouragement for the team.

Even after Rochdale scored you could see the players respond to the backing... never popular to say so on here, but vital we consciously make the same effort at home.

These players may lack certain qualities but make up for that in commitment. Wyke in partucular grows in stature when given the backing from supporters.
Aye fans can win games just thro giving vocal support while we are under pressure.

There was a particularly loud, irate fella who you kept hearing on my stream that wasnt happy with what he was seeing much. "This is f***ing shite this man"

Quickly followed by whoever runs their ifollow turning the sound down. :lol:
Scored about 10 seconds later anarl. :lol:

Kept saying get ya f***ing fingers out anarl - even when it was our goal kick. :lol:

Amused me anyway.

Great turn out last night despite it being £27 a ticket, midweek, third of five away games this month. Not bad for "negative toxic" fans according to Sunderland Facebook "banter" pages

On a side note they were two soap dodgers who had great fun abusing the lassie linesman with comments straight outta 1971.
Thought she was canny and not the worst we have had any a long stretch

The fella f***ing stank looked like Gonzo, me and me owld man had to move seats.

It was great in the crowd tonight - we were in fine voice. If you can’t get motivated to play for fans like us then give up the game!

The players were lifted by it imo. They needed us against a very good Rochdale team I thought. I have only watched them once and could see an identity and what they were trying to do. They have a number of very good players. If they were more clinical it might have been a different story.

But they weren’t and it wasn’t ’t :cool: GTFI!!
So we've beaten Pompey, Drew away at Ipswich ( one of the favoured sides for promotion) and beaten a Rochdale side that will give many a problem especially at their place ..suddenly my things are brighter for Jack and the lads!( and for us ) gerrin

Back