Support tonight

You seem to be ruminating on the fact that we are in league one and shouldn't be. It is a sad indictment that we have ended up in the position we are in but no amount of insisting that we should be winning 5 0 every week (and even then not shouting about it) will change the reality. Not being happy about it doesn't mean you can't enjoy a game and appreciate good football at the level we are at. If you can't do this then hide behind the sofa until we are back in the Premier League.

I prefer to make the best of it - whilst of course hoping/expecting/insisting we get out of this league - and appreciate the joy of watching football and especially SAFC for its own sake - as tortuous as it is. It doesn't mean I don't get angry and frustrated about our situation - of course I do - we all do. But I am still able to enjoy going to the match with my lad, singing our hearts out and celebrating a win, even against 'Rochdale FFS'. This is precious to me - my dad died young - and means the same whatever league we are in.

Oh and just because it is 'Rochdale FFS' doesn't mean they can't be a decent side at this level. Bit disrespectful that.

Excellent post, logical and realistic.

The depth's that SAFC and fans mentality has fallen is truly staggering...... Rochdale, Rochdale fffs @ the Estadio della El Spotland

It's an absolute pishh-pot league man, playing tiny teams with tiny support in tiny grounds. If they were wining 5 - 0 every week it absolutely NOWT to crow about, it's f***ing embarrassing the state of SAFC and the standard of football and players they have. Truly appalling.

Bang. On. The. Money.
I know your not , but that arrogant attitude belongs up the road mate.

Mandatory at Old Trafford - really gets under their skin. I reckon we should have a revised version for Oxford though - "It's got four sides and a window ....."

Gets under their skin? Doubt it. They will just laugh at how small time it is (proper lower league chant). Like when our lot sing the very original "we support our local team" which they then reply with, whilst laughing, "you support a load of shit". Or when we sing other teams anthems, like YNWA and they reply with "who the fuck do you support!?".

The poznan celebration certainly rattled them mind.

Last edited:
The depth's that SAFC and fans mentality has fallen is truly staggering...... Rochdale, Rochdale fffs @ the Estadio della El Spotland

It's an absolute pishh-pot league man, playing tiny teams with tiny support in tiny grounds. If they were wining 5 - 0 every week it absolutely NOWT to crow about, it's f***ing embarrassing the state of SAFC and the standard of football and players they have. Truly appalling.

Bang. On. The. Money.

You're failing to realise we are also absolutely shite, and have players that are league one standard. So yes, when we beat teams in this division it is a good result as that's the level we are at. If we were playing with Premier league players then you'd have a point.

Never liked the garden shed song. Irrelevant to winning matches and disrespectful to clubs who we consider smaller. Even more embarrassing when we are stuck at a level we '' should be above'' and in a stadium we don't fill ourselves. We are there to be shot down and have the piss royally taken , so we don't need to tee up for everyone to take that shot. Burnley for eg, will prob field a strong side as Dyche normally does in all cup competitions and in turn they could knock us out quite comfortably and ironically in their very own premier league ''garden shed''. It really is a cringe worthy song.

Aye was brilliant tonight, odd anti Newcastle song but in general just good passionate Sunderland songs.

Makes all the difference.
Hearing "Shearer is a wanker" on the stream loud and clear every away game makes you realise how much effort Sky have to put in to make our games suitable for broadcast. Funny as owt, it's made our TV games sound completely atmosphere-less for years. Love it.

Mandatory at Old Trafford - really gets under their skin. I reckon we should have a revised version for Oxford though - "It's got four sides and a window ....."

A ( dirty) Leeds fan from my village here went to OT & he said it was funny with them shouting “70,000 cockneys” ( maybe 60 at the time )
Depends what year you’re talking , done all 3 and they weren’t the best

Equaliser at Warsaw last season was quite a loud shout out ( remember swopping tickets wiv ya, just as Reiver was walking past)
Small world/thread :)

Last edited:

Back