Support tonight

Winger
Absolutely fantastic tonight in terms of numbers and vocal encouragement for the team.

Even after Rochdale scored you could see the players respond to the backing... never popular to say so on here, but vital we consciously make the same effort at home.

These players may lack certain qualities but make up for that in commitment. Wyke in partucular grows in stature when given the backing from supporters.

Absolutely fantastic tonight in terms of numbers and vocal encouragement for the team.

Even after Rochdale scored you could see the players respond to the backing... never popular to say so on here, but vital we consciously make the same effort at home.

These players may lack certain qualities but make up for that in commitment. Wyke in partucular grows in stature when given the backing from supporters.

:cool:

Aye was brilliant tonight, odd anti Newcastle song but in general just good passionate Sunderland songs.

Makes all the difference.

Without a doubt, you could see what it meant to Willis and Dobson at the end. Undoubtedly means alot to the likes of O'nien and Charlie....its good to have the players appreciate it unlike some of the arseholes we've had turning during our PL years!

Too many new songs man. I’m struggling to keep up. I’ve just got my head around the Charlie Wyke song and now there’s a new’un about him being Spanish or someit 😬😬

🤣🤣 tbf I just clap and blab along to that one other than the Charlie Wyke bit... I think folk (not you btw) get precious about what we sing.

It actually doesn't make any odds (even the anti mag stuff) the players will respond to us making noise and backing them vocally.

🤣🤣 tbf I just clap and blab along to that one other than the Charlie Wyke bit... I think folk (not you btw) get precious about what we sing.

It actually doesn't make any odds (even the anti mag stuff) the players will respond to us making noise and backing them vocally.

Quite right mate, I'll sing whatever is going and there are loads like me.

I'll even sing 'my garden shed' which is shite ...

... if people don't like it they can start something they do like.

But of course they don't, they just moan.

Years ago when I was a kid, a lad I knew used to sing "wake up, shut up, we'll keep the red flag flying high."
:):)

Last edited:
It was great in the crowd tonight - we were in fine voice. If you can’t get motivated to play for fans like us then give up the game!

The players were lifted by it imo. They needed us against a very good Rochdale team I thought. I have only watched them once and could see an identity and what they were trying to do. They have a number of very good players. If they were more clinical it might have been a different story.

But they weren’t and it wasn’t ’t :cool: GTFI!!

It was great in the crowd tonight - we were in fine voice. If you can’t get motivated to play for fans like us then give up the game!

The players were lifted by it imo. They needed us against a very good Rochdale team I thought. I have only watched them once and could see an identity and what they were trying to do. They have a number of very good players. If they were more clinical it might have been a different story.

But they weren’t and it wasn’t ’t :cool: GTFI!!

Well done marra. How many fans did we have there?

Our fans are topper. It always saddens me to see them berated on here, even more so the diehard away travellers.

We’re not the only club with great fans, but we are one of them, that’s certain, and it’s not a competition in that respect.
Very rarely see the away support criticised on here. Generally speaking it seems that the away fans get behind the team for the whole 90 minutes.

Quite right mate, I'll sing whatever is going and there are loads like me.

I'll even sing 'my garden shed' which is shite ...

... if people don't like it they can start something they do like.

But of course they don't, they just moan.

Couldn't agree more, last night shows just how difference the supporters can make. Not a classic performance but backed to get over the line.

Back