Supermarkets

at peterlee this morning you stood still in the queue for a few minutes then moved up about 20 yards or so. it wasn't one in one out, more of letting about 15 in at a time once the same number came out. once inside there was plenty of room to keep seperation. arrows on the floor for a one way system sort of but me being a nitwit and not used to where stuff was had to backtrack a bit.
very well organised i have to say.

I've been to Peterlee a few times, and it probably depends on what time of day you go. I have to go today or tomorrow, and I'm trying to think of the best time in terms of it being less busy.
I was certainly guilty of not taking this too seriously 5-6 weeks ago, however if you haven’t wised up by now you are a complete no hoper and you deserve what’s coming to you.

I think the whole Western world was in that same boat. I didn't even know much about it until something was tagged on to a You Tube documentary I was watching. I had no idea people had died in this country or that around a couple of hundred people had died in Italy. Even then, I wasn't convinced it was going to be much of a problem. It was when the government started talking seriously about measures that would damage the economy that I knew they were seriously worried, because there's no way they'd take those measures otherwise.

I don't wish death on anyone, but at the same time there is a lack of justice in it all because the people who care most about caring for people, i.e. health care workers, are going to be hit hard by this thing, whereas there will be people having mates 'round their houses for beer who catch it, spread it in a supermarket and ultimately get off scot free.

Last edited:
I managed a two week shop, pretty much.

Couldn’t buy flour, icing sugar or broccoli.

Decent effort from Asda. Most people behaving. One or two fucknuts about.

Thanks all.

Things aren't as bad as what they were, but a lot of things are still suffering from early rushes.

Very hard to get hold of things like paracetamol I've found.

Try your local pharmacy. Normally pharmacists can’t break up the bulk packs of paracetamol they have, but they have recently been given permission to repackage them in smaller amounts. That should take some of the strain off the supply line for over the counter packs.

Asian supermarkets are the go to place for that. We get a 20kg bag of Tilda for £35 a few weeks back. It will last us two years.
I went to Tesco roker after the first wave of panic buying. The only rice left was 10kg bags of lland one had 7 quid off which I bought. Panic buyers aren’t the sharpest tools in the box, the uncle bens shelves were empty even though 10kg of it would probably knock you back 50 quid and it’s shit.

I went to Tesco roker after the first wave of panic buying. The only rice left was 10kg bags of lland one had 7 quid off which I bought. Panic buyers aren’t the sharpest tools in the box, the uncle bens shelves were empty even though 10kg of it would probably knock you back 50 quid and it’s shit.

Panic buyers are typically lazy folk!

Went to M & S today for a few bits. Queued outside for less than 10 mins and then when we were in there it was a pleasurable experience as you could move around without an issue due to the restrictions on numbers.

I'm currently in B&M and there's some absolute knackers kicking about. Standing right over you. Also only supposed to go out fro essential items and half of people's trolleys are full of fit or gardening shit. Hope they all get wiped out.

Last edited:
I'm currently in B&M and there's some absolute knackers kicking about. Standing right over you. Also only supposed to go out fro essential items and half of people's trolleys are full of fit or gardening shit. Hope they all get wiped out.
I was in last week and there was some stupid old bastard and his wife buying nothing but a tin of satin radiator paint

Sainsburies in Silksworth was busy today, the usual core supplies were pillaged by the time the morning was up.

We got plain and self raising floor today, beat that.
Self raising floor
Is that an essential purchase
I was in last week and there was some stupid old bastard and his wife buying nothing but a tin of satin radiator paint
Old people seem oblivious to the urgency of the situation and all this carry on is generally to protect them as they are most at risk
The ignorance and arrogance of old people boils my piss sometimes
It crippling the economy and chances for young ones yet a tin of shitty radiator paint is of utmost urgency

Last edited:
Went today and joined the distopian queue round the car park. All very orderly. Once inside it seemed like everyone forgot about social distancing, even the workers in there, coming up and stocking shelves whilst you were picking something. Some bastard with a constant dry cough kept turning up in the aisle I was in and a few knackers wearing surgical gloves stopping for chats every 10 mins. Not a pleasant experience.
Plenty of stock though, bar pasta which seemingly everyone eats now ??

Back