Supermarkets

Loads of people out shopping in couples today. This either means the shop is twice as busy as it needs to be, or people have to queue for twice as long to get in if its a one in and one out policy. Surely grown adults can manage a weekly shop for the household on their own ffs

I haven’t ventured out for 13 days but tomorrow I’m going to have to go to the supermarket.

What is the recent experience like? Bare shelves or relatively well stocked?

Things aren't as bad as what they were, but a lot of things are still suffering from early rushes.

Very hard to get hold of things like paracetamol I've found.

Just been to Peterlee Asda, was spot on there last week, this time a pain in the arse. A minority of people not giving a shit about keeping their distance. When I was putting me food through the till this fella came up with his family, five of them, and more or less stood right next to me. Had to tell him to move back, but he didn't like it one bit. Those are the sort of people who will be having people 'round their house for drinks and then coming out into public and potentially passing it on. The big, gormless idiot had his family with him too - he clearly does not give a shit about them.

I was certainly guilty of not taking this too seriously 5-6 weeks ago, however if you haven’t wised up by now you are a complete no hoper and you deserve what’s coming to you.

I had to buy Morrisons own brand Worcestershire sauce instead of Lea & Perrins :neutral:
OMG
Loads of people out shopping in couples today. This either means the shop is twice as busy as it needs to be, or people have to queue for twice as long to get in if its a one in and one out policy. Surely grown adults can manage a weekly shop for the household on their own ffs
Makes me fume when blokes need to tag along with their missus getting in my way

Last edited:
I haven’t ventured out for 13 days but tomorrow I’m going to have to go to the supermarket.

What is the recent experience like? Bare shelves or relatively well stocked?

Asda Seaham last Saturday. Everyone queued orderly to get in. Decent queue mind.

Sainsbury’s East Shore the other day, fine. Hardly anyone in.

Got my whole Asda delivery yesterday apart from white bread, my son is parky and he will only eat white bread (couldn't believe they didn't offer a substitute, surely they had some white bread ffs).

The supermarket staff have been unsung heroes i reckon. Going into work every day where literally everyone from the community will be passing through and dealing with the stupid kicking off coz they can’t get everything they might be after.

Unfortunately some supermarket staff are thick as well, just walked past a group in Tesco laughing about someone wearing a scarf across their face, like it's some kind of joke.

Also, they seem to think the virus doesn't come out when it's dark, no evidence of social distancing whatsoever.

Unfortunately some supermarket staff are thick as well, just walked past a group in Tesco laughing about someone wearing a scarf across their face, like it's some kind of joke.

Also, they seem to think the virus doesn't come out when it's dark, no evidence of social distancing whatsoever.
Report them to the store manager

Back