Supermarket Gripes

We can’t spend long there anyway. We can’t hold our breath long enough to avoid the stench.
I only look to see if there is any Charlie Bigham meals reduced cos I won't pay £8 for them

Fuck me man. The irony of someone enough of a scratter to worry about looking in the reduced section complaining about scratters in the reduced section!! get a real job, earn some proper coin and get on wi it ffs :oops:
Eww man its ideal if you're looking for something for tea that night or even cooked meats for the morras bait
Joints of meat and all sorts for a reasonable price, reducing food waste etc

Last edited:
Only seems to happen in Aldi but the checkout operators just ignoring you while being served and just talking to each other over the checkouts.

1. Obviously the unexpected item in bagging area

2. People blocking lanes and entrances up yakkin on to each other, f***ing move

3. People who can’t f***ing park

4. Shop workers blocking shelving with the delivery carts

5. Paying for f***ing bags

6. Kets positioned around the counter

7. Queues

8. Old people

Regarding point 2. this doesn't just happen in supermarkets now.

Last week, driving through a busy Leeds suburb at tea time and the bloke in front stops for a chat with two late teen lads who step forward into the bus stop. The road was then completely blocked. When I gave a short toot on the horn the two lads both gave me the finger and a filthy look

This week, there's a National Tyres on a corner near a busy set of lights on my route home and as I approach a car pulls across from the tyre bay blocking both lanes. As the lights change he rolls the window down and starts a conversation with one of the tyre hands.

So, regarding the bus stop incident, being a grumpy f*cker who hates inconsiderate rude plebs, I slammed it in gear and drove through the bus stop scattering them like nine pins.

No harm was done but could I been charged with reckless driving?

Regarding the tyre pleb, he sat there ignoring me and all of the others he'd inconvenienced until I got out with my large maglite then drove off. At this point the lights changed.

He probably saved me from getting arrested for assault.

Is the law an ass?

Checkout operators talking shit to customers when they should be focused on the job they are paid for. I am not going to tell you what my plans for the day are.... nosy barstards.

Sainsbury Team Valley never having a Sunday Times in cellophane meaning i have to go elsewhere to get a paper i can be assured has not be meddled with by some scratter.

I like supermarket shopping
EXCEPT
when you choose your bakery item then have to queue to get a price put on your purchase, then you choose your deli items and have to queue, then you choose your produce and have to queue to have a price put on them before finally joining the end queue to pay for your shopping.
Especially like the idea of bench seats for oldies though at the final till. They will probably need it.

I like supermarket shopping
EXCEPT
when you choose your bakery item then have to queue to get a price put on your purchase, then you choose your deli items and have to queue, then you choose your produce and have to queue to have a price put on them before finally joining the end queue to pay for your shopping.
Especially like the idea of bench seats for oldies though at the final till. They will probably need it.
Surely the point of the deli counter and the like is you get a more personal experience and can choose your purchases and quantities therefore are choosing to add that time to your shop. 9 times out of 10 the same stuff is available on the shelves pre packed for the miserable anti social brigade or those who are too important (in their minds) to queue.

Surely the point of the deli counter and the like is you get a more personal experience and can choose your purchases and quantities therefore are choosing to add that time to your shop. 9 times out of 10 the same stuff is available on the shelves pre packed for the miserable anti social brigade or those who are too important (in their minds) to queue.
Aye, you are right, and with fruit you can mostly just get it sorted at the final till but some supermarkets make you queue several times before the final queue.

I like supermarket shopping because if I see my friends I can stop and have a nice chat, I probably the block the aisle while I discuss with the staff where I might find a nice beer (sorry), I can get rid of my pennies at the till and hope my piggy bank doesn't break. I can decide which card I want to use . Never use the self service because I like to chat about my day with Flower at the till. Everyone will be pleased I don't eat any food whilst walking around though and I believe I smell gorgeous. But once I get the joys of fresh air outside I likely forget where the car is and have to rely on the butler remembering. I then forget the roadway is for cars and get runover.

Never to shop again.

I have recently switched to Tesco because it’s more convenient now. They seem to put the reduced stuff out during the day when I can’t get it. Asda seemed to do a restock of it about 7.30-8.00 when I’d stop in on the way back home.
My in-laws have a friend who is on friendly terms with a butcher at a supermarket and he buys all of the reduced stock meat and fish.

Back