Supermarket Beers / Lagers

We’ve only got Sainsbury’s and an Iceland concession inside The Range within walking distance. Dunno if Iceland even do booze but do either do a decent own label lager or stout?

Could've been worse, my missus brought me 8 cans of brewdog 2 weeks back. Alcohol free

They look exactly the same. She has just had an eye op for a detached retina and cant see properly so I gave her the benefit of the doubt.

Lidl do a version of punk ipa, I'm drinking it now, bottles look the same(light blue stickers) and it's dead similar. Called bright lights IPA. 99p a bottle I think. 5.6% it's good as owt

I've just rediscovered my love of Faxe.

Beautiful stuff.

Not supermarket, so I'll edit and say the Lidl cider and Pilsner aren't bad.

f***ing hell! Loss of taste is a nailed on sign of a Covid-19; get yourself into the ICU ASAP.

I tried that stuff a few years back and, hats off to the brewer for achieving what I thought was impossible, they've brewed a lager that tastes like cardboard. It comes in a fricking 1 ltr can IIRC so you end up drinking warm cardboard.

Love the Rheinbacher from Aldi, wife went to get some today, saw the queues and went to Lidl. She got an assortment of their "craft" cans and a few Perlenbacher.

For the price I cant fault any of it.

Aldi do a nice Corona rip off as well... cant remember the name but its bound to be something a bit like that

Lidl do a version of punk ipa, I'm drinking it now, bottles look the same(light blue stickers) and it's dead similar. Called bright lights IPA. 99p a bottle I think. 5.6% it's good as owt

Their American IPA, same range, darker blue can, is decent for 99p. More malt than hops so not sure if it truly is an IPA but it's nice for the price

Perlenbacher remains my go to lidl beer
Brewed in France
Love the Rheinbacher from Aldi, wife went to get some today, saw the queues and went to Lidl. She got an assortment of their "craft" cans and a few Perlenbacher.

For the price I cant fault any of it.

Aldi do a nice Corona rip off as well... cant remember the name but its bound to be something a bit like that
It's called cv19
You loose your sense of taste and smell after drinking it

Last edited:

Back