Superfast Fibre

• Thread starter Deleted member 14766
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 14766

Any ideas or advice on BT Superfast Fibre?

I’ve been getting offers of ‘Free Superfast Fibre’ upgrade with average speed of 50Mbps (‘5x faster than standard broadband’), unlimited monthly usage and a new Smart Hub1 thingy. They’re offering an 18 month contract at the same cost as I pay now (I pay £55 for broadband, internet, phone line, free weekend calls, btvision)

Is it worth it? Will I get hammered with huge increases after 18 months?

I’ve noticed Netflix picture quality’s a bit intermittently dodgy recently.

I’m on their 55mb package and have just got an email saying they’re upgrading me for free. Going onto the 80mb package at some point in the next 4 weeks.

Any ideas or advice on BT Superfast Fibre?

I’ve been getting offers of ‘Free Superfast Fibre’ upgrade with average speed of 50Mbps (‘5x faster than standard broadband’), unlimited monthly usage and a new Smart Hub1 thingy. They’re offering an 18 month contract at the same cost as I pay now (I pay £55 for broadband, internet, phone line, free weekend calls, btvision)

Is it worth it? Will I get hammered with huge increases after 18 months?

I’ve noticed Netflix picture quality’s a bit intermittently dodgy recently.

Just upgrade to fibre, it's pretty much the new standard. £55 for all that lot doesn't sound too bad.

Just called them.

I googled what it would cost for a new customer. It was less than I pay now.

Upshot: I got the free hub. I got the superfast fibre. I have copper cable now so it wont be x5 my current speed. It’ll be x2.

Plus. I found out they’ve been overcharging me (over and above being on a package that’s about £10 a month more than I’d get as a new customer) so they owe me £140.

So I’m getting superfast fibre for 3 months for free following which I get it for £10 a month less than I pay now for standard.

Back