Super Blood Wolf Moon

Cypher

Striker
Anybody staying up/getting up to watch this?

Given the international nature of the board it would be good if people could post images from the places it will be visible from.

'In the UK, the Moon will be above the horizon throughout the eclipse, though from the extreme south-east of England the Sun will have risen as it comes to an end.

This eclipse will also be visible in north-western France, north-western Spain, Portugal, a small part of west Africa, almost the whole of North and South America, the eastern Pacific, and the north-eastern tip of Russia.'

Skywatchers await 'super blood wolf moon'

The moon this morning was massive. I thought it was because it was so cold it reflected bigger but I guess not.
I finish work at 6am so I’ll see it in all it’s glory tonight

Just been outside and the street is bathed in moonlight. Crystal clear sky. No doubt at the full eclipse it will be overcast. Bloody cold outside tonight.

Cloudy as fuck where I am here in the North Sea, about 80 miles North of Norwich- just past Sheringham Shoals windfarm. Hope it clears, moon looked good, big and bright when it was visible around 2000hrs yesterday. Will be monitoring cloud cover later

The full moon definitely has a radiant quality to it currently. But no sign of colouring as it stands. No clouds to speak of - sheer black background.

As expected clear skies have gone and the street is nowhere near as lightly lit up as before. A combination of the eclipse itself but mainly the clouds at this stage. I'm only up as I fell asleep for four hours tonight. Hope those of you that have a real sort of interest have better luck with the weather.

Really clear sky now and the moon looks fantastic.
The clouds have cleared here and the shadow of the earth is quite clear. Frigging freezing outside though. Going to stay up another hour to see the full eclipse although pound to a penny clouds come back to mostly obscure it.

The clouds have cleared here and the shadow of the earth is quite clear. Frigging freezing outside though. Going to stay up another hour to see the full eclipse although pound to a penny clouds come back to mostly obscure it.
Cant see any clouds at all and its about a 3/4 eclipse now.

Back