Sunniside, Nile Street, villiers street

Angel House is looking like it's going to scrub it decent when it's done. All artists impressions on here at the minute but it looks decent inside: Check out this student property on Rightmove!.

Logon or register to see this image

Not sure they'll hit their target market and attract 'young professionals' there though. Likely end up with students. Although I fully expected it to be low end bedsits so fair play to them for aiming a bit higher.
Passed there this morning, it's not far off looking like that now, looks good.

We want the right type of people in these houses. No crack heads, refugees and so on.
We need some nice middle class folk in and around that area to improve it and bring the right footfall.
Still nothing on the planning portal, really hope this development is going to look good.
Apparently it’s happening mate. Cost consultant told me he’s working on it

We want the right type of people in these houses. No crack heads, refugees and so on.
We need some nice middle class folk in and around that area to improve it and bring the right footfall.

Definitely need the right type of people. I'd be shifting all the crack heads out of the city centre. Get them through Newcastle I'd say
Noticed your website is back up and running with updates - keep up the good work, great stuff mate 👏
What's the website?

They did some nice plans for some upmarket housing about 15 years ago. One of the biggest flaws was they came with no parking spaces to discourage car ownership/use. Nobody is gonna pay top dollar for a house to be told they can't have anywhere to park their big SUV.

They did some nice plans for some upmarket housing about 15 years ago. One of the biggest flaws was they came with no parking spaces to discourage car ownership/use. Nobody is gonna pay top dollar for a house to be told they can't have anywhere to park their big SUV.
You’re the big King Creosote fan on here aren’t you Paddy? I see they’re on at the Fire Station soon! The sort of band the venue was designed to bring to Wearside.

@Kubicki85 - I have got the right poster? it is you that produces the above isnt it?

Pedantic I know, but I wish they'd stop labelling the Elephant Tea Rooms as Hindu architecture. It's Indo-Saracenic or Mughal-Gothic, influenced by Islamic and European styles. If you call it Mughal-Gothic you can link it to some fabulous buildings and it's in some great company (and one of only a handful in the UK).

I get what you mean but I'd say the majority of the proletariat are nice folk considering the shit they've had to take for the last 15 years, lets not exclude them from what looks like a fantastic project. I hope that the homes are within the reach of nurses, junior doctors, teachers etc

Not me mate. I'm off to watch the Smyths in July though and Altered Images at Pop Recs in November.
Hmmmm. I wonder who it is then? Every time I see em mentioned on here I think I must give em a listen as I don’t think I’ve heard em.
Smyths on in my local regularly. “Bite” is one of my favourite albums ever and if it coincided with a home game I’d come up for AI.

Back